You're Mine (Mini)

"Hey, Y/N."

You shifted uncomfortably. "Hey, Spencer."

"What're you doing this weekend? Wanna hang out?"

Truth is, you didn't have anything to do. Except, Spencer had a crush on you. And you didn't like him. He was extremely pushy too, and didn't stop asking you out no matter how many times you said no.

"Um, actually, Spencer, I'm babysitting all weekend for this couple. Sorry."

"Aw, that's all right. Maybe we'll do something another time," he laid a hand on your shoulder, and you cringed.

You knew that he basically used and discarded every girl he dated, treating them like objects.

You knew he would do the same to you.

So you said no.

He finally left, and you sighed in relief and walked to the school library.

"What was that all about? I saw Spencer talking to you around the corner."

"He just asked me out. Again," you huffed, and set your books down.

The person you sat down next to was your best guy friend, Percy Jackson. The one boy in the entire school that actually bothered to treat you like a person. And... you had a bit of a crush on him.

"That guy needs to leave you alone," Percy said, and looked sadly down at his English test.

"He honestly does. He doesn't know when to stop."

"I'll tell him to leave you alone, if you want," Percy offered.

"No, no, it's fine. You've done me enough favors." Which was true. Earlier this week, for example, he offered you his seat in Algebra so you wouldn't have the worst seat in the class, and took the bad seat himself.

"I'll just... have to do it myself," you said, and then the bell rang, announcing the next class. "Bye, Perce. See you after school?"

"Sure. I'm driving you home, by the way," he said, smiling.

"See! You're too nice to me," you said, and waved goodbye as you set determinedly to your next class.

*timeskip*

"Oh yeah, Marissa? I went out with her last week," Spencer bragged to his friends as you walked into Science. "Ally, too."

He continued to describe to his friends exactly how that one week of dating was spent.

And he thought you would be one of those girls too. Gods, no.

You sat down in your seat and took out your finished science homework.

"Hey, Y/N!" Spencer had gotten out of his seat and had moved to the seat right next to you.

"What do you want, Spencer? I'm busy," you said.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over to my house this weekend. To, you know, have some fun?" His friends snickered back at their seats. You saw a couple of them make a few disgusting hand gestures that made you want to knock their teeth out.

"No. I'm fine. I'm busy this weekend, and you probably have two other girls coming over anyway," you said, barely concealing your anger.

"Naw. It can just be you and me, you know," he said, and his hand inched dangerously close to your thigh.

"No."

"Why not? Is it that Jackson kid? He's not worth anyones time."

Your hands balled into fists. "Don't you dare talk about Percy like that."

"You know, you're cute when you're angry. It almost makes me think you have a temper," he said, unconcerned, and that's when you decided you had had enough.

*time skip*

"Excuse me, miss L/N, why did you punch him?"

"I told him to stop harassing me, more than once, he didn't, so I punched him."

"You do not have the right to punch one of your peers."

"Um, excuse me? Not meaning to be rude, but if someone were to come over to you, talk and act in a way that makes you feel angry and uncomfortable, would you just sit there? I don't think so."

The principal pursed her lips.

"One week suspension. Goodbye, Miss L/N," she said, and gestured to the door.

You got up from your chair and stormed out of the office.

Someone got up from the chair outside the office.

"Percy? What're you doing here?" You said, and started walking.

"I saw Spencer's black eye and crooked nose. Who else would do that to him?"

You laughed, but it was one of those frustrated laughs and not at all humorous.

"I broke his nose?"

"Yep."

"Good."

Percy darted in front of you, blocking your path to his car. You looked up at him.

"Fine," you scoffed. "He came up to me and invited me over for some 'fun'," you said, and made quotation marks with your fingers. "-and then when I said no, kept harassing me and talking bad about you, and-"

"What?"

"Hm?"

"Why would you punch him over something partially dedicated to me?"

"You're my best friend, Percy. I would never let anyone insult you."

You decided to take a leap of faith.

"And... I kind of like you."

Percy didn't say anything, but raised his eyebrows. You smiled sheepishly.

He did something strange and unexpected next. He leant down and kissed you. Your eyes stayed open in surprise, but after a while you closed your eyes and kissed back.

He broke the kiss after a few seconds, and just looked at you.

"I'm guessing you like me too?" You said.

Percy smiled and shrugged. "You're the only one who sees me for me."

You took his hand.

"So.. did you wanna go out sometime?"

You laughed. "What do you think?"

Hey frens! Thank you so so much for reading! I hope you like it.