Chapter two

TrisPOV

When we get home, I slam the door to the car, and head straight inside.
Dad isn't home yet. I'm not surprised since he is the manager of some business. He never told us which business it is.

I rush up the stairs, and shut the door.
I throw myself into the bed. Today was probably one of the best experience I've ever had, well, until that bitch.

Caleb opens the door. "Beatrice, is everything okay?" He asks me with concern. He is always worried about me. He might be a couple of months older than me, but that doesn't mean he has to question my every move.

"The usual." I respond. Of course, he doesn't know what 'the usual' is. See, I never told anyone about my bullying problem. I only told Mom, and she kept it a secret from the other two.

"What's that?" He asks me. "It's nothing." I say, "Now if you would please, let me be."

He holds his hands up in defense, "whatever you say," he tells me, and shuts the door.

I lay on my bed, starring at the ceiling for what feels like forever.

I eventually get up, and walk over to my piano. I turn it on.
I decide to move my piano over a little so I can look out of the window while I play. I just noticed it's raining out side.

I start to play, Near Light by Ólafur Arnalds.
(Video at the top, number one)

The thunder and the sound of the rain hitting the ground helps soothe me, as I play my sad tune.

Some people would say I'm depressed. Sometimes I think I am, but I always remember of all the good things I've been blessed with.

My mother always loved this piece.
While I keep playing, images of my beautiful mother flash in my mind.

I start to cry, but I don't stop.
The rain finally stopped.
I take my left hand and open the window, letting in some fresh air, the continue playing.

I imagine a violin being played with me as I'm getting close to finishing.

When I do finish, I play the song again, and again, to many times to count.
When I look back out of the window, I see someone looking up at me.
He looks very familiar.

The guy soon walks away, and I continue playing. Weird.
I didn't think I would draw any attention.

I stop playing when Dad tells me it's time for supper.

I finish the piece, and head downstairs.
When I get down there, I see my father in tears at the bottom of the stairs.
He wraps me in a hug.

He must have known that was Mom's favorite piece.

"I miss her too." He whispers in my ear, his voice shaking.

I hug him tightly.
"She is in a better place now Dad." I say.
He nods, and we pull away. He wipes the tears from his cheeks and I do the same.

I look over at Caleb, who is just staring at us.
If my Dad wasn't here crying I would've slapped the shit out of him, and he knows it.