Chapter twenty-two

TrisPOV

Living here down in the Bureau it's pretty awesome, I must admit.

I've got me a good job at one of those really expensive restaurants, run by David, the filthy rich man all over the covers of books and magazines.

He has been really nice to me, giving me extra pay when Tobias and I are struggling a bit because of college.

He works at the same restaurant I do, which is actually quite fun.
We have competitions to see who gets the most tips, or who serves the most food to the customers.

The customers seem to enjoy it too, which brings in more people.
We have kept in great contact with our friends, and I know they are happy about it to.

Life is going great, and our babies are enjoying it as well.
School is getting tough, but we can get through it.

I want to be a nurse, and, of course, Tobias, wants to be an engineer, but wants to still play sports.

He is really good at football and soccer, but I think he is going to stick to soccer.
He actually got a full scholarship to the same college as me for soccer, and he's on the team, which blows my mind.

His schedule is way busier than mine, but he always finds time for me.
I love him to death.

It's been months since we moved in.
Life is moving smoothly.
I'm glad I finished high school.
I'm glad I made the right choice.

I keep my eyes focused on the road, as I drive Tobias and I back home from work.

"I won, and you know what that means." He says.
I roll my eyes.

"Yes, smartass I do." I say, rolling my eyes.

He sticks his head out the window, and yells, "I GET TO PICK DINNER TONIGHT!"

"Get your fatass head back in the car!" I yell at him.
He laughs.

Yes, he gets to pick dinner tonight, which is awful, because he always picks something I can't cook.
At least I'm nice about what I pick.

"So, do you think you can cook us some nice Dauntless cake for dinner, with some mini hamburgers?" He pleads me.

Turn turn to him for a quick second as I stop the car at a stop light.
"Wow, something I can actually make!" I exclaim.
"You lost by just a few dollars, I figured I would go easy on you."

"Yeah, sure." I say, and the light turns green.
I stomp on the gas petal, and his back slams against the seat.
"Shit Tris! Calm down!"

I laugh at him.

<at the house>

He throws himself on the couch, and I make my way to the kitchen, and work on dinner.

I make the cake first.
Once it's in the oven, and start on the burgers.
Tobias watches me from afar.
"Hey Tris." He says.
I look up at him, as he walks over to me.

"I have a game next week on Wednesday." He says.
"First game of the season."

"And you want me to go?" I say.
He nods with a smile.
"You can wear one of my jerseys, and you could be my cheerleader!"
I giggle.

"Yes, I'll be your cheerleader, but I'm not going to dress like a slut just to cheer you on." I say.

He pouts.
"Don't pout. At least I'm going." I say.
He shrugs.
"Very true. Hey, just letting you know, the dudes on the team, can't keep their eyes off of you, ever since I showed a picture of us together. So if they start flirting, spit on them or something." He says, rolling his eyes.

"I love those guys to death already, they are like family, but they keep asking me about you, and they all want to be "close friends" with you, so, in conclusion, please, be careful." He finishes.

I give him a round of applause, and he takes a bow.
"Thank you, thank you."
"I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. But don't let any girl pull you away from me." I say.

He kisses my forehead, sending a sweet chill down my back.
"I won't, now, go finish my dinner." He
demands.
"Our dinner." He corrects himself.

I shake my head at him.
I finish cutting out all the tiny burgers, then I pull out the cake, and set it on the counter, next to the chocolate icing, and cookie dough bites.

<dinner>

"That was amazing." Says Four, picking off the icing from his fingers.
I smile at him.
"That's because you gave me something I can actually cook, and I do this so much, I've gotten pretty good at it."

"All because I keep beating you." He says, with a chuckle.
I roll my eyes again.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm winning next time. Watch yourself." I say.
"You say that, all the time, but you never do." He says, with a small laugh.

It's true.
"Ugh, I know, but-"
"That's going to change. You say that too."

I fold my arms across my chest.
He laughs at me again.
"You're lucky I love you." I say.

"I'm lucky you love me too."
He runs his fingers through his hair.

"I'm tired." He says, yawning.
"Stop that! It's contagious." I say, trying not to yawn myself.

He yawns louder and longer.
I run upstairs, not wanting to catch his disease, and the dogs run up with me.
They are pretty smart, but I hear him run after me.

Shit.

Another great day with him.

Hey everyone! So sorry I haven't updated I'm forever! Thank you all for your patience. I feel like this book is going down hill, so I'm thinking about ending it soon. Really soon.
And I know most of you will hate me for the ending I have in mind as well.
No FourTris fan will like it, but I have too.
It's just how this story is set up.
I know this book is finally all cheerful and happy, and I know most of it has been all depressing, but that was the point of this book.
They weren't supposed to have a happy beginning, or ending.
I love you all, thank you for your patience.
So sorry this chapter is so short!
Please tick with me till the end❤️

   -BeBrave