Chapter thirteen

TrisPOV

"What the hell so you want?" I say.

"I wanted to apologize." Says Caleb.
"Oh so now you're sorry for leaving me with nothing but our dead father behind." I say.

"Wow, I appreciate it. Now if you would please leave like you did before, that would be great." I continue.

"Why are you pushing me away so fast? Why can't I stay? I'm you brother for gods sake." He says.

I roll my eyes.
"Did you only come back to apologize?" I ask him.

"No, I came back to make sure everything was okay with you, and wanted to grab some of my things if I couldn't stay."

I think hard.

Should I let my brother who betrayed me, leaving me with nothing but my dead father? Or should I let him get his things and leave?

I've dealt with to much shit lately.

His ass is leaving.
"What stuff are you going to get?" I ask him.

"My clothes and all that." He says.
I let him in, and he runs upstairs.

I follow him.
He runs into his bedroom, and pulls out a bag from behind his dresser.
"What's in that bag?" I say
"Oh, uh, I had all my stuff but my clothes packed up a long time ago, just in case."

I roll my eyes.
"Yeah. Sure." I say with sarcasm.
He grabs random clothes from his drawers, and he rushes down stairs.

I follow him, and before he leaves he says, "Take care Beatrice." And dashes out the door, but drops the bag that was behind the dresser.

Probably because he didn't put all his clothes in a bag, like a smart person would do.

I quickly run up to it, and look out the door to see where he ran off too.

I see not a trace of him.

I grab the bag and shut the door.
Why the hell would this bag be behind his dresser?

Tobias isn't home yet from his daily workouts, so it's just me.

At least he didn't decide to murder me.

I unzip the bag, and my eyes grow big.
Piles and piles on stacks on money, which who the hell knows where it came from.

I feel like this is actually all the money he as been bragging about for years that he will be getting a scholarship to college and have enough money to pay it all off.

And it sure does look like he would have.

But the dumbass dropped the bag with his little sister.

This is almost comical.

I sit at the table, and start counting.
I already have 300,000 dollars from Mom and Dad.
Who knows what kind of money Caleb has.