Chapter nineteen

TrisPOV

My arm still has a dull throb.
I've kept it hidden from everyone as well as I possibly can.

I really shouldn't have don't that.
What is wrong with me?

Tobias is beyond pissed about it, and he probably will for the next month or two.

He doesn't trust me as much as he used too. Ive see the hurt in his eyes the past week, and it kills me that I made him feel that way.

I poke my desk with my pencil, completely blocking out all the crazy noises in the classroom.

Christina is sitting next to me, not saying anything, just laying her head down on her desk, probably sleeping.

I can't tell you how many times she's told me she is dreading today.

Probably a million and it's only third period.

But then I remember, we a dismissing right after lunch.

School will be over, graduation, then prom.
I look over at her, and tap her on the shoulder.

She raises her head, and looks at me.
"Could I come over to your house, so you can help me get ready?" I ask her.

She gives me a sad smile.
"Of course! I would love to do your makeup at least one more time before you leave." She says.

I nod, and her eyes start to water, as the bell rings, and we head to our forth period.

We have nothing to do, but change classes.
We have nothing but a pencil.
We sit down, and make small talk, then everyone else files in.

<at lunch>

"I can't believe this is actually happening!" Squeals Zeke like a little girl.

"I know right?! I'm so glad to finally get out of this shit hole!" Joins in Uriah.

Tobias and I just smile with them.
Christina, on the other hand, looks so upset.

"What's wrong babe?" Asks Will.

She looks at me.
I shake my head.
No, they can't know.

"It's just..I can't believe this is actually happening..I feel like this is the last time I'm going to see you guys." She says.

Thank you.
She starts to cry.

"Oh come on Christina. We aren't going anywhere! Though I wouldn't be surprised if Tris or Four went to college." Says Shauna.

She nods.
"You guys are right." She says, wiping under her eyes.

She must have worn water proof makeup.

Smart move.

She puts on a fake smile, and everyone continues the conversation.

Then I hear it.

"Well ladies and gentlemen, it's that time! Hope everyone has a wonderful summer! Seniors, make sure you are all dresses and in the auditorium right after the bell rings!"