Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Kimberly’s P.O.V

After I take my shower I get dressed in a matching pair of adventure time pjs. I throw on a hoody just in case someone walks in, and make my way to my bed to check on Deacon. I find him curled up in a ball stirring slightly. I walk up to him and gently shake him. He slowly opens his eyes and looks around. ”Mamma” he looks scared and his lip is trembling. I’m not very good at this so, I pull him into my lap and rock him back and forth.

“It’s ok. Mummy’s sick, I’m going to look after you for a little while till mummy get better okay little one?” He nods his head a little so I pick him up and take him to the joined bathroom. I place him on the sink and run a warm bath for him. After taking his clothes of and throwing his nappy in the bin I quickly wash him and take him back to my bed in a towel. I don’t have any clothes for him so I go to the bedroom door and call out for Annie. Annie is a young mum with a son around Deacons age, maybe she’ll have something for him to have. She’s from Harrison’s pack, she also never bullied me. Annie comes running up the stairs and stops right in front of me. “Yes Kimberly?”

 “Would you have any spare boy clothes for a three year old?”

“Sure I’ll just get you some.”

“Oh, and I need a nappy to if that’s no drama.”

“I’ll be right back.”

“Thank you.” I turn back to the bed and find deacon gone. Oh no. “Deacon, Deacon Honey where are you?” I hear giggling coming from the walk-in-wardrobe. He’s playing with me. Aw how cute. Instead of going to the wardrobe I pretend to look for him. “Where would Deacon be? I can’t find him anywhere. Oh well no dinner for Deacon if I can’t find him then.” Just as I said that he jumps out of the wardrobe screaming “BOO!!” “AHH!!” I pretend to act scared and jump up. He drops to the ground laughing loudly. He’s the cutest kid I’ve ever seen. “You scared me you rascal.” I walk over to him and pick him up along with his towel. “Me scare oo.” Its cute how he cant say the words right yet.

 “Yes you did buddy. You scared Kim.” I place him on the bed when I hear an ‘awe’ at the doorway. I look over to find Annie with Sammy grinning at me.

“You’re really good with children.” Annie says passing me the clothes.

 “You think so?” I hope I am because I’ll need practice for my baby.

 “Totally, he likes you as well.”

 I smile at her and nod at the boy pajamas “Thanks for these.”

 “No problem let me know if you need anything.”

 “I will, Thanks again.” When Annie leaves Sammy walks up to Deacon and tickles him. “Cute child, whose his mum?” while I explained to her what happened, I dressed Deacon in a nappy and matching Thomas pjs. “What are you going to do?”

“That I haven’t thought about, I mean I have to tell the pack what’s going on tomorrow and I’m scared. If Deacons mum don’t pull through I promised I would take care of him but I don’t know if I can with a baby on the way. My life is messed up at the moment.”

 “Everything will turn out alright you have me and Kinsley to help you.”

“I know I’m just scared of Harrison rejecting the baby.” “You have to tell him soon, your scent is going to change and he will know.”

“I know and that’s what I’m scared of.”

Sammy looks at me hesitating to say what’s on her mind. Until she spoke up. ”I know I should’ve told you ages ago but I was scared of what you would say, but Angus is my mate. I didn’t accept him at first because of what he did to you. I thought he was going to do the same to me. But after I spoke to Kinsley about it, I gave him a chance. I hope you’re not mad.” She looks at me with a hopeful expression. I know what Angus did to me was bad, but I wasn’t going to keep my best friend from her mate. “I’m not mad. I’m happy you found your mate but if he hurts you he’ll have to deal with me. I’m not weak anymore and I won’t hesitate to kick his butt.” I give her a small smile to let her know I was happy but deadly serious. She grins at me and pulls me into a hug. “Thank you, I’ve spoken to him and we want to take it slow. He’s truly sorry for what he did. I’m not saying you should forgive him, but maybe you could listen to him. Let him talk.”