Chapter 9

Kimberly's P.O.V.

Hilary was standing there with a smirk on her face. She hasn't changed much, still looks like a tramp with her face caked in makeup, a shade darker than her tone. To be honest, it looks like her makeup brand was crayola or dorritos. Her clothes, if you could even call them clothes, consisted of a red boob-tube and a pair of black ripped high-waisted shorts. Instead of dealing with her I made a move to go around her but her arm shot out blocking me from going any further.

"What do you want, Hilary?" I sigh.

I didn't want to start anything in front of Deacon. He may be only three but he still understands a lot of things. Hilary looked at me with a smirk before looking at Deacon with disgust.

"Whose brat of a kid does he belong to?" She scoffed.

How dare her. Instead of blowing up in front of Deacon I place him on the ground.

"Sweetie, why don't you run up to my room and wait for me there. I won't be long. Okay?"

"O-tay." I smile at him while he runs through the house going to my bedroom.

I turn around to face her, my smile slipping from my face, replaced with a glare. I step forward and get into her face.

"How dare you call him a 'brat of a child'? You have no right to call him a brat when you're going around sleeping with everything that has two legs and a dick, probably spreading a disease, you infested mutt." I probably shouldn't have said that but over the last two days that I've had Deacon with me I've seen him like my own. He means everything to me now and I won't let someone like Hilary call him names. At least, by the look on her face, it was worth it.

"This isn't about the kid anymore. I want you to stay away from Harrison. Just because you're back and he's your mate doesn't mean he wants you. When you left guess who satisfied him the way you couldn't? Me, because you weren't good enough for him to commit to you. You aren't good enough for him and he knows it, so he comes to me. So, stay away from him or else you will regret it." By the end of her speech my temper had doubled in size.

"Who gave you a right to say who he can and can't be with? You don't own him and neither do I. He's my mate and I will do what I bloody well like, and you can't do a god damn thing about. So how about you take your opinions and shove it where it's wanted for a change. Because it's definitely not wanted here." With that I push past her and head upstairs where Deacon is. I find him sitting on the floor drawing with Harrison. Instead of walking straight in there I stand at the door and watch. I wish I could forget everything that has happened in the past and move on but it's not that easy.

"Do you like Kimmy?" Deacon asked Harrison.

"I do, more than anything, but I stuffed up real bad and now I'm trying to fix it." Harrison looked at Deacon with a look of regret.

"Well I think she likes you too."

"I hope so, bud."

I walk in the door with a smile on my face, forgetting what had happened with Hilary for a while. I needed to go see if his mum was improving or not.

"Hey, sweetie did you want to go play with Jayden for a little while?" Jayden was Annie's little boy. Deacon and Jayden have been playing together for the past two days he's been here, so they've gotten pretty close.

"O-tay."

"Okay let's go."

"Can you come, there's something I wanted to do?" I look at Harrison waiting for his reply.

"Sure."

Harrison follows me out picking up Deacon and placing him on his hip. When we arrive at Annie's room I knock on the door and she answers almost immediately.

"Kimberly it's nice to see you." Then she turns to Harrison and bows her head in respect. "Alpha."

"It's nice to see you too. I was wondering if Deacon can stay here for a while? Just until I go see if his Mum is going fine?"

"Yeah that's fine. I was just about to come see if he wanted to have a sleepover with Jayden."

"Deacon did you want to sleep over with Jayden?" Deacon nods his head so we say goodbye and thank you and head down to where Deacon's mum is. When we get down there the pack doctor, Jeremy, is running towards the room looking panicked.

"Jeremy, what's happening? Is everything okay?" Harrison asks while I'm standing there shocked. What if she dies?

"No, Deacon's mum's heart has stopped beating. We can't get her back. I have to go I'll be back soon." Then he runs into the room closing the door behind him. I stand there too shocked to move. It seems like ages until he comes back out. But after ten minutes he comes out with a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but we couldn't save her."

I fell to the floor in shock. What about Deacon? How is he going to feel when he finds out his mum died? Would he understand? Would he want to stay with me or does he have other family members where he came from? Before I knew it I had tears streaming down my face and Harrison's arms around me. He's whispering comforting words in my ear.

"It's going to be okay. We can take care of Deacon together. I won't leave you again."

"But what about Deacon? He's going to have no mum. What about his dad? We dont even know if he's in Deacons life. I dont even know how to take care of a baby."

"I'll call the packs around here and ask them if they're missing any members. I'll work it out from there and if it comes to it, we'll take care of him together."

"I dont want Deacon to go. I love him already."

"I know you do but I still have to check up on his family just in case." Harrison replies.

"Okay." I just stayed there for a while, loving the way it feels to be in Harrisons arms. I stopped crying after a bit and stood up. A feeling coming over me when Harrsions arms dropped from around me.

"Will you come to dinner with me tonight? Deacon's at Annie's and I would like to take you out to dinner." He looked at me with a hopeful expression.

"I would like to. I'll just go and get showered and dressed. What time did you want to leave?" Honestly, I need a break and having dinner with Harrison will give me time to bond with him. He checks his phone, probably for the time and looks up at me again with a smile on his face.

"It's quater to six now so how about we meet downstairs in say.. forty-five minutes?"

"That would be great." I get up and head to my room, taking a shower. Making sure to wash my hair with my vanilla scented wash. After I have a shower I look through my closet and pull out a dress. It's a black dress that sits an inch or two above my knees and it's strapless. It's tight around my chest area and flows out. I grab a pair of ballet flats that match, instead of high heels 'coz i would break my ankle if i ever tried them on. I sit at my vanity desk and apply mascara to my eye lashes and a bit of lipgloss. I leave my hair down in its natural waves and check the time again. Six- twenty. I make sure to grab my purse and head downstairs.

I find Harrsion standing at the door waiting patiently looking at his phone. So I take this time to take in his appearence. He has on a white shirt that shows his muscles and a pair of black jeans. I must admit he looks hot. More than hot. When he finally notices me he looks up at me and checks me out. I feel a slight blush creeping on my face so i hide it by pulling my hair over my face.

"You look beautiful, as always."

"Thank-you."

"Shall we go?" I nod in reply and walk towards the door.

Hopefully this date goes to plan.

Harrison and I have a lot to talk about.
***

So sorry its short. Writers block sucks. please give feedback so i know where im going wrong and right.. hope you like it so far