Untitled Part 13

Chapter 12

After training we head inside to shower and get cleaned up. I get dressed in short pants and a jumper and go to find deacon. I find him with Jayden in the yard making a tower full of blocks, while Annie watches them from the swinging chair on the porch.

I walk over to Annie and sit with her talking about everything that has happened the past few months (leaving out the bit that I was nearly 3 months pregnant). After talking for 15 minutes Deacon runs up with Jayden behind him. Jayden runs up to me as Deacon sits on my lap.

"Are you Deacons mummy?" Jayden asks. I freeze not knowing what to say. Since Deacons mum has passed away I haven't found enough courage to tell him. How am I supposed to tell a three year old that he hasn't got a mummy anymore?

"No sweetie, I'm not." I look at Annie for help. Annie tells Jayden that they have to go and as they leave Jayden and deacon wave goodbye and disappear into the house.

"Where is my mummy?"

"Um, Baby mummy had to go away." It's hard not to cry.

"Why, will she come back?"

"No baby she isn't coming back." A tear slides down my cheek.

"Can you be my mummy then?" He's still too young to understand what exactly happened but when hes old enough ill explain it to him. I pick deacon up an idea coming into my head.

"Of course baby, now let's go shopping to get you some things."

~~

After packing up one of the cars that Harrison has lent me as well as his packs credit card (I tried to tell him that I have my own money but he's too stubborn) we start driving to the mall. Harrison would've come with us but he's staying home to try and find where Deacons dad may be.

As we arrive to the mall I turn the engine off and take Deacon out of the car seat and place him on my hip. The first shop we enter is full of baby and toddler bedding and prams etc. with Deacons help we pick out a small bed made for toddlers and a drawer for clothing. Next we buy a whole heap of clothes ranging from shirts to pants, even hats and shoes. To keep Deacon occupied I buy him some toys, his favorite is a train that we managed to pick up half price.

It's now 3.14 and deacons starting to get restless and hungry so we grab a small fries and drinks and headed home. On the way home deacon had dozed off in the car so while I was taking him upstairs to bed the pack members helped take up the items we had bought to my room where he would be staying until we moved back home.

Kinsley had come in while I was unpacking his clothes and placing them in the drawers for later. I needed help putting together the bed and he offered.

It was half way through making the bed with Kinsley that Harrison came through the door.

"I found Deacons father but he doesn't want anything to do with him. Says he was a mistake of a child. He told me everything we needed to know about him like his birthday and hung up." His face turns to one of pain and anger.

"I don't know how Deacon would react to having no family now. But earlier today I had to explain to him that his mummy went away because he asked me about her and he said he wanted me to be his mum. Is it bad that I said yes even though I'm only 16?" I start to panic. What if I can't do this? Am I going to be a bad mum?

Harrison comes over and places a hand on my stomach gently rubbing where the baby is.

"We can get through this and help Deacon have a proper life. As long as we stay together we can make it. I've seen you with Deacon and your going to be a great mum." He smiles at me which sends butterflies to my stomach.

"Do you really think so?"

"I know so, if anyone can do this its you." He places a kiss on my cheek and goes back outside to do pack work. While I have trouble staying where I am and not going after him Kinsey stares at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"He's trying, isn't he?" He waits for my answer.

"Yeah he his. I just hope he doesn't hurt me again." Kinsley lets out a sigh and shakes his head.

"I don't want you going back to him but if that's what you want I can't stop you but know, that if he hurts you again there's nothing stoping me from ripping his head off." A look of seriousness is plastered all over his face.

"I won't stop you." I smile at him and he smiles back.

We finally get everything set up for Deacon. His bed is put together and made with blue bedsheets and his clothes are sorted out and put away. Along with his toys packed away in a toybox. Just as Kinsley is leaving I hear Deacon stir on my bed. I turn to face him as he sits up and takes in his surroundings. His smile lights up his whole face and he runs over to me and wraps his tiny arms around my legs.

"Thankyou mummy. I love it!" I freeze. Being called mummy is scary but I love it already. I smile and hug him back.

"It's ok baby. I'm glad you like it. Are you hungry?"

Deacon nods and we go downstairs and make afternoon tea. We are going to the park later so while he eats his sandwich i quickly walk upstairs to grab a pair of shoes.

As I walk back downstairs I run into Harrison. I'm not sure what it is but the way his hair is ruffled and his smell has changed, and the way he looks at me in shock tells me something is wrong.

Just as he's about to speak Hilary walks behind him with a grin on her face. That bitch! How could I have trusted that he wouldn't hurt me again? It takes everything in me to not hit her.

"I can't believe you Harrison. I can't wait till we finish training you mutts then I'm gone." I hold in a few tears that want to escape.

"Kim it's not what it looks like I promise. I was just..." I cut him off before he says anything else.

"Save it. I don't want to hear it." I continue to walk back to Deacon but as I pass Hilary she has her arms folded and a satisfied grin. I could kill her right now...