7 - Nurse Hansel

A/N: Here's your long awaited chapter! Do enjoy, loves. Apologies for not updating sooner.

Adieu

- saphire

----
Hansel's POV

"You're distracted." I was snapped out of my thoughts when Rafe spoke. I totally forgot that we were having dinner.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, giving him a smile and tried to get back to eating, but I just didn't have the appetite to eat anything right now. All I wanted to do was to go home, grab a tub of mango flavored ice cream and doing a movie marathon of angst and feels-y movies. Pretty pathetic, but that's how I wanted to end my night.

I heard Rafe give out a sigh, making me lift my gaze up towards him. He was scratching the side of his neck while he looked at me in concern. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" He asked and even if I wanted to tell him, I just had not the mood to talk, so I shook my head in response.

I know I'm being unfair towards him right now, but I can't make myself feel happy since the events from earlier still flashes through my mind like a broken record.

Why did he do it anyway? What made him hate me so much that he'd do something like that? It's too damn hard to keep my feelings for him bottled up when he does something like that. It's unfair!

I unconsciously placed a finger on my lips as the memory of Jeremy's lips against mine flashed in my mind; how his soft lips brushed mine in a kiss that was my first. And as I was doing this, I didn't realize that Rafe already got the gist of what was going on in my mind.

"Let's go home."

The cold voice that Rafe used snapped me out of my trip down memory lane and when I looked at him, he has this emotionless eyes, though he was smiling at me. "You look like you need the rest, so we'll just have to postpone." He replied to the unspoken question that I had.

I was a bit bothered by the sudden mood change, but didn't really thought deep about it and just nodded my head. He has a point though. If we continued with our night with my head wandering off places it shouldn't be, then it's best to just go home and sleep this off. Or in my case, binge watch angst movies and bawl my eyes out like I did earlier towards Darren.

"Hansel?" The sound of my name being called out made me lift my head up only to see Darren. And at that exact moment, my tears fell and sobs escaped from my mouth.

"W-what happened!? Why are you crying?" Darren asked in panic and pulled me to him, circling his arms around me while me rubbing comfortingly on my back.

I didn't answer him as I just continued clinging to him like my life depended on it and sobbed my heart out as the thought of Jeremy kissing me earlier flashed on my mind, reminding me that that was the guy who hated me for a reason I knew nothing about even if I love him.

Darren comforted me by rubbing circles on my back and cooing at me to stop crying.

"The time when I decided to go and visit your school, I find you running and crying." The teasing voice Darren used made me snort a sob as I tried calming myself down. "Sorry," I mumbled when I released my hug on him.

"It's no problem, though I would like to know why you were crying. I mean, as far as I have known you, I've never seen you cry once, so seeing you cry now... is a bit surprising."

Indeed, before this happened, not once have I let myself shed a tear. Not even when Darren got into an accident before he went missing or when he lost his memory, or even when he got into another accident. I never cried, though I was also sad.