12 - Decision II

A/N: A'ight, so I'm back from the dead, and I'm sorry for not updating for so long, but I gotta let y'all know that I now have a full time job. It means my drafting time would lessen more than it originally is and I'm gonna be in hiatus for the most part. *whispers* not that I'm any better now *whispers* But, y'all need not worry 'cause before this year ends, I'ma give y'all cliffhangers to enjoy. Lol.

Anyway, here's chapter 12. Enjoy~

A little head's up, be sure to prepare them tissues 'cause y'all might need it.
Warning: Feels up ahead.

Ciao~

- saphire

----
Hansel's POV

I was beaming so brightly as Eric parked the car on the garage. I can't believe my parents decided to invite them to dinner!

"Hey, hey, don't grin so much like that. It's creepy." Eric teased when we got out of the car and walked towards the front door. I glanced at him then back to the front when I opened the door and went inside. "You can't get me off of my cloud."

I heard him chuckle behind me as I made my way up the stairs and to my room, not minding that he was following me. When I got to my door, I fished out my keys and unlocked it then went inside before diving onto my soft mattress, scooting so I could give Eric space and then cuddled with him, making him chuckle and calling me a baby.

"Kuya?" I called out and he hummed in reply. "Can I tell you something?" Eric started rubbing circles on my back, telling me that I could continue and so I did.

"I'm kinda nervous about tonight." I mumbled and then buried my face on his chest, feeling the vibration of it when he laughed, making me blush crimson. It's freaking embarrassing, I wanna dig up a hole and die!

"You've been giddy since we left the park earlier and now you're feeling nervous? Where has my mischievous Hansel May ran off to? I don't remember you being weak-willed like this." I huffed at that, making Eric ruffle my hair and I groaned. "Could you stop ruffling my hair?" I grumbled on his chest, making him chuckle.

"I'm serious, you know." I said that made him stop chucking, just continuing on caressing my hair like I'm an infant. Any guy my age would have freaked with this kind of closeness that I have with Eric, cousin or not, but this is pretty natural for us.

"I know. And I also know that that little head of yours has already decided on what you will be doing tonight." Eric said, all playfulness from earlier vanished and was replaced by a seriousness coming from an older protective brother as he pulled me away so he could have us have an eye contact.

"So I ask you this, Hansel May Moore. As your kuya, are you really sure of what you've planned?" He asked. There was a lump stuck in my throat at his question. Am I really sure about this? Will I not regret this? And just like that, I forced myself to nod while maintaining eye contact with him.

One thing I learned from Eric is that you have to maintain eye contact with the person you're talking to, especially if it concerns you, so that that person will know that you are decisive and will not back down from your word.

"As a stranger and as a man, are you willing to give up your happiness if it isn't the one you want the most?" Another hard and forced nod, making him sigh.

"Don't you think that's a little unfair, doll? You will be hurting yourself." He said, making me place my face back on his chest as the concern swimming in his eyes overwhelmed me.

I know I'm being selfish. And I also know that what I'm about to do will either change me or break me, but just as Eric said, tonight is the night, so there's no reason for me to chicken out now. It was my decision and whatever the result will be, I have to see it through.