6 - Together?

A/N: Late upload! Belated happy new year, guys. I hope you enjoyed your holidays~ Anyway, shout out to @SharaGre and @SonOfANope for their adorable comments on the last chapter. It sucks that there's no dedic in the mobile app or I'd have dedicated a chapter for them and everyone else. Haha.

Anyway, do enjoy~

Adieu

- saphire

----
Jeremy's POV

I was watching from afar as that guy and Hansel exchanged embraces with Hansel laughing and that Rafe guy shouting in pure happiness. I don't know what they're talking about since I was far from them, but I get the feeling that it has something to do with Hansel.

And I don't like it one bit.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists when Hansel leaned on his tiptoe and kissed Rafe on the cheek, making the latter turn frozen. I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely wasn't expecting Hansel to burst out in tears in front of that guy. That did it for me and I went out of my hiding spot.

I yanked Hansel away from Rafe and pulled him behind me while I glared at Rafe heatedly. They were both surprised at my arrival, but I didn't care. Who the hell does this guy think he is, making Hansel cry like that? I haven't even seen him cry and this guy just appeared and he already became emotional!?

"Jeremy? What are you doing here?" Hansel asked from behind me so I glanced over my shoulder at him and said, "Anna told me to follow you so I did."

"What did you hear from our conversation?" Rafe asked so I turned my attention back to him, returning the glare as he gave me his own. "Does it matter?" I asked and he only glared more. "It does, when you're listening in on other people's conversation." I just shrugged in reply nonchalantly.

"But it's okay if you heard it or not." Rafe said in that smug voice that made my insides alert but kept my cool facade. "What do you mean?" I asked and the smirk that made known on his face was something I was itching to punch away from.

"What I mean is that, either way it doesn't matter. We will tell you eventually, but since you're already here, might as well tell you the good news, right?"

"Get to the point." I said but my calm is slowly fading away when Rafe said, "I'm courting May. Sooner or later, he'll say yes to me and we will be boyfriends just like what I said earlier." I don't know why but I felt a pang of pain in my chest with what he said that I turned around to look at Hansel who was avoiding eye contact with me.

He agreed. That's the only reason why he couldn't look me in the eyes. But why am I affected by his decision? Was I expecting something? What? I can't understand myself right now.

"Oh. I see." That was all I said and bade them farewell, giving a lame excuse as me having something to do, which was a total lie.

I just didn't wanna be there any longer.

"So, how was it?" Charlie asked when she spotted me entering the building again and neared me. "Fine," I replied in a monotone voice. Charlie was taken aback by the coldness of my tone, but I didn't care at the moment as I walked past her, ignoring the calls of my brothers.

I'm not sure why, but I'm fucking pissed off! Just what the hell happened back there? How come I'm so affected with their conversation? Ugh. This sucks!

I went out of the school building after taking my things from my locker, thankful that I only had two subjects today. I really didn't wanna be in the same premises as that guy (Rafe) and Hansel. Just the thought of them together and Hansel smiling so happily at him makes me want to beat something.