11 - Decision

A/N: Hello! Sorry for not being able to update. I'm still alive, my lovelies! Anyway, here's chapter 11.

Enjoy!

- saphire

----
Jeremy's POV

"Let's break up."

That phrase continued to haunt me whenever I close my eyes. The look of pure sorrow on Charlie's eyes that day showed how much she didn't want our relationship to end, but decided to for reasons she still wouldn't tell me.

I was shocked as I watched her tears slide down her cheeks, not caring to wipe it. And what shocked me the most besides her words were the fact that I was relieved. Sure I felt sad that we broke up, but not as sad as I was supposed to feel. In fact, I felt utterly happy and it scared the shit out of me.

I was at the amusement park with Hansel, Rafe and that Eric guy who I had the misfortune of meeting that time when Darren was hospitalized for the first time after we found him a year ago.

I was barely containing myself that time as Hansel clung to him like a koala while introducing us. The way he acted so childishly and carefree told me how close he was with Eric. And it made me feel things that I never would've thought I'd feel for a person who annoys the shit out of me.

"And so... why is he here?" I was glaring at Eric when he asked. Hansel glanced back at me, rolled his eyes and returned his gaze back to him and said, "don't mind him. I didn't even tell him where I was going, yet for some reason, he still managed to know where I am."

I wanna ask myself why I'm here. Why I followed that text that was sent to me just two days ago.

That text from an unknown number saying that Hansel will go to an amusement park an hour from home at nine in the morning, it was too good to be true. So I texted back asking who it is, where they got my number and what connection do they have with Hansel. But they just replied with a "You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. I'm just giving you a heads up where he will go."

To be honest, knowing where Hansel will go got me pretty excited and giddy. I wanted to talk to him, to be with him, hold him. It's probably the reason why I followed that text, because I was hoping I'd get a day with Hansel without disturbance from others. But luck just wasn't shining down on me.

"Uh-huh. Yeah, that's cool and all, but... what about him?" Eric pointed a finger beside me that made me turn sideways and saw who he was talking about.

Great, another competition.

The surprised look on Hansel's face when he saw Rafe made it obvious that he wasn't expecting him to be here. And to be honest, neither did I. Well, I was expecting Hansel was alone when I found him earlier, but then Eric showed up and now him.

The animosity between us was obvious that Eric had to break us up before we got more physical by getting our attention. I may not like the guy, but the way Rafe spoke to him made him want to bash his head on something. It's freaking obvious, but then again, it's not.

And then shit happened. No, not really. It's just that Eric slung his arm on Hansel's shoulder while the latter looked up at him with a surprised expression... or something akin to it. And then he dragged him away, making Rafe grumble about some bastard taking away the day he was "supposed" to be with Hansel. I felt the same way, but I still kept it as I followed behind them.

"Well, this was supposed to be a date, so I get to do whatever I want." Eric suddenly said, noticing how he glanced back at us. My eyes narrowed to slits when I realized what he just said and was about to charge at him, but Hansel elbowed him in the gut, making him yelp and doubled over. Well, that decreased my want to charge at him. From the way Eric grimaced and held his stomach, I'd say that jab was pretty strong.