Anniversary Surprises

"Good Morning, Happy Anniversary Baby!!" Mia exclaimed to her waking husband. "Right back at you sexy!" he kissed her. She was so happy, because being together 15 years was no easy task for this couple. Rick pulled her into his arms to cuddle "Today is about to be everything you have ever dreamed of." "Really babe?" "Yep, all I need you to do is go get your hair and nails done. Don't worry about what you are wearing, I got that." "Really? You bought me something to wear? What about shoes?" "I got that too! I got everything taken care of, I just need you to be back here by 5." "I am already blown away! You are so thoughtful! That is so sexy! I owe you something" "You haven't seen anything yet, today is gonna be one of the best days of your life. I promise you that." "Aw babe, I love you." "Love you too." They kissed again. Then they both went on to get their busy day started. While in the bathroom Mia, yelled out to Rick, "Hey babe, what color am I wearing? I need to know so my nails can match!" he yelled back "White and Yellow" she just shook her head and wondered what her man could be up to. This was the first anniversary in all their years she knew nothing that was going on. Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by her having to throw up. The thought of being pregnant shot through her mind, and she planned to take a test at some point that day. But still she got dressed and headed out to her hair appointment.

She arrived at her favorite salon in the city and was greeted by the usual morning crew. "Hey Glenda! You ready to make me beautiful honey?" she hugged her stylist. "Yes love, how are you?" "I am good, today is a great day." Mia beamed. "Yeah yeah, gotta make you look good for the hubby. How do you want your hair?" Glenda asked. Before Mia could answer the other stylist Jeff asked her "Why is today so special ma'am?" "It's my anniversary boo!" "Aww congrats, how many years has it been?" "A long 15, but we have been together for 20." Jeff's face hit the floor, "15 years? You don't look old enough to be married that long! Girl you look good!" she smiled "Thank you! Our oldest daughter is 14! You know that little girl that comes in with me from time to time." "Wait that little girl is your daughter??? This whole time I thought that was your sister!" "Nope that is my oldest, who is 14 and my other daughter is 9." Everyone looked shocked. Then Glenda said "Ok back to the agenda, how do you wanna do this hair?" "Well he likes it straight with a middle part, so I guess that's what I will do." "Straight is good, cuz aint no use doing anything you will mess up tonight anyway." Mia gave her a high five, "You are shol right about that, cuz he only likes my hair two ways in the bedroom." "And what's that?" "Girl, either up in a ponytail so he can pull it or down so he can pull it." Glenda laughed "You know I love you! You haven't changed from the moment I met you! Come on so I can wash that hair." Later while Glenda was still sewing her hair in, Mia said "G, I need to get this off my chest." "What could it be?" "Soooo, I think I'm pregnant." Glenda paused for a second "Think or know?" "I think, the thought never crossed my mind until I throw up this morning before I came here." "Well let's go through all the basic questions...have you had unprotected sex?" "Yes, but that's normal." Glenda laughed and resumed working "Ok when was your last period?" Mia thought hard "Umm...I don't really remember, maybe 2 or 3 months ago." Glenda popped her shoulder "Then heffa, you know you are pregnant!" Mia jumped "Well I mean I didn't think about it. We have been trying for about a year now. Shit I was just having fun. Guess I will call my doctor and confirm it. What a nice anniversary surprise, huh?" "Yeah, I am happy for you. Hopefully it is a boy, so he can have a namesake." Girl I already told him that if I have a boy that is his birthday and Christmas gift." They both laughed, by the end of the conversation Glenda was flat ironing her leave out. Mia admired herself in the mirror. "Thank you Glenda! I love it and I know he will too!" "You are welcomed, but please don't sweat that out too much!" Mia paid her and was on her way.

On the way to her nail appointment, she called her doctor's office and luckily she had an opening. Mia went on to get her nails and feet done. She got white tips with yellow designs and just yellow on her toes. Her doctor's appointment was for 3 o'clock, and she got out of her nail appointment just in time to make it. When she arrived at her doctor's office, she signed in and waited her turn. She was nervous, but she knew at this point she had no one to call to calm her nerves. The next person to hear any baby news from her would be her husband. About 15 mins later the nurse called her back. They went through all the basics and then she went to her room. 5 mins later Dr. Janice walked in the room. This was the same woman who had been there for Mia all her other pregnancies, so Dr. J pretty much felt like family. "Well hello pretty lady, what brings you in today?" "Dr. J, I think I'm pregnant!" "That's good news and hopefully I can deliver you that yes today! Now let's start with the basic question...when was your last period?" Mia dropped her head "Umm...maybe 2 or 3 months ago. I can't remember." "Ok...that definitely sounds like pregnancy, but let's start testing." 30 minutes later Mia had her answer, Dr. J walked back in "Ok great news, you are pregnant." Mia breathed a sigh of relief. "There's more, you are 15 weeks! How do you go so far without knowing you are pregnant?" "Same way I did with Damia, Dr. J! But honestly I wasn't thinking about it for real, until today when I threw up. When can I find out what it is? Cuz that is almost 4 months right?" "Correct, but don't you want to wait until you tell your husband?" "Well it is our anniversary, so this will be part of my special gift. Actually knowing will be the icing on the cake, especially if it is a boy." "We can find out right now, if your baby wants to act right. Let me just get you set up for your ultrasound, and we should know within the hour." Mia looked at the time, she was cutting it close but she knew this was well worth it. After Dr. J got all setup, she got Mia squared away and cranked the machine to show Mia her baby. "Ok there is your baby" Dr. J said looking around. She started to smile, "There is your little prince!" "Prince? I am finally having my boy?" Mia looked with glossy eyes. "Yep, right there. There's your little man!" Mia cried tears of joy, she had waited for this moment for a long time. Dr. J took some pictures for her to show Rick, and on one she put "Hi Daddy!". She cried all the way to the store, while she tried to find the perfect way to tell her husband. When it was about 5:30 pm, her phone rang. "Hey baby" she said. "Hey, where are you?" "Sorry babe, my appointment ran over and I got stuck in a little traffic but I am on my way." "Ok just get here when you can." "Ok love you" and they hung up. Mia grabbed what she needed and headed home.