Prologue

I looked at her the way I always did. Eyes brimming with adoration and heart overflowing with love. Sometimes it was just overwhelming how cute she was.

Pat was my everything ever since Ma dropped me off after kindergarten till she got back from work. Teacher, mentor, best friend, and grandmother. She was my go-to person for everything. Anyone who knew me knew Pat and would have most probably met her as well. You're probably wondering why I call her Pat. Well, Ma tried to get me to call her Pati the way every Tamilian kid addresses her grandmother. But I never really got around to that. I got stuck at Pat because I liked the sound of that. Pat liked it too. That is a rather long-winded explanation for a rather simple story. I realize that now.

I was about to leave home for three weeks of training for my new job. I wasn't sure where they would put me after that but I was excited nevertheless. As was Pat. Pat thought I had never really experienced a life outside of home and had encouraged me to take up this job. She had said, "You need to venture out, baby. You have been in this city for too long. You need to meet new people. Broaden your horizons. It'll be good for you."

I shook my head and responded, "Pat, you realize that I could very well be placed right back here, right? The location hasn't been decided yet. I am only going away for three weeks."

Pat smiled widely and replied, "And you must write to me every day of those three weeks. You know that right?"

I nodded and said, "I will. I highly doubt I will have much to report though. It's three weeks. And I will be commuting/working for about eleven of those hours and sleeping for eight.

Pat smiled wistfully and said, "Ah but between the hours is where the magic lies, my Lucky baby. Don't' write about everything. Write about the things you find magical."

Author's Note: Hi guys! I know what you're thinking. It's been a year now since I wrote a long format story? I have missed writing on Wattpad. Life has been super duper busy this last one year. Not that it's any less busy right now. And I always have 2-3 stories yet to be told stuck in my head. This is one of them. More than a story, for now, it is a style of writing I want to try out. It is a faint plot that has been roaming around in my head for a while. It is a character that smiles in my head whenever I think of them. So I thought I would write out this story live with you guys. Let's see where it goes. I'm also working on another project side by side that I want to see through this year. I will tell you more about it later. Join me, will ya? Much love – S.