Letter 9

Dear Pat,

Today was a very dull day at work. The trainer took forever to come and by the time, he did, it was already late afternoon. They decided to push the training by one day instead of taking a day's worth of training in the night. Very grateful, I must say.
I decided to laze around and take an evening to myself. I took the ridiculously crowded local and went to Colaba. You were right, Pat. It's such a magical place. With the glowing tinge of evening, it looked every bit as surreal as they showed it in movies.
I strolled the promenade for a bit, absorbing the view. I then noticed that the sun was about to set. I hurriedly unshouldered my backpack and set it on the ledge. I then swung my legs to the other side and sat, dangling my feet freely. The calm, Pat. I wish I could explain it to you. There's this odd sort of chaos, sometimes so unsettling. All I needed I guess, was some alone time in a place like this. And then I hear what you said to me in my head.
"Don't put so much pressure on the moment. Just be."
I've honestly never heard wiser words. In that one sentence, I found so much peace. So if I had to explain it really, I'd say this place is the visual companion for that sentence.
I love you.
L.
P.S. Yes, I wrote this letter there. :)

Author's Note: Anyone who ever visits Mumbai, always goes to this place. I did too. And in all honesty, every time I've been here, I've felt the same sort of peace. I dedicate this chapter to Colaba and the solace it offers me in times of need.
S.