Part 00

Melanie Richards (Granite) went into the 33rd Hunger games and managed to survive. She survived after killing a career. She only killed one person but watched her close friend die. She held him as he died.

After the games she was depressed. Two years past and she met a man, Jason Granite and they fell in love.

They got married a year later and he made her feel happier than she's ever been.

They had five children, the oldest Thomas, the second Oliver, the third Hazel, the fourth Luke and the final one Nellieton.

All the kids were good, very well behaved. But Melanie was scared, scared they'd enter the hunger games.

She started to train her children in secret. She wanted them to be prepared for the worst, for her worst nightmare.

Then when Thomas was 17 he was reaped for the 61st hunger games.

Thomas got down to the final five tributes. He was killed by a knife in the heart, a instant kill. He felt no pain.

Three years later Hazel was reaped for, the 64th Hunger Games. She was only 15 years old.

She went quite far too, down to the final six tributes. When she was killed by Cashmere one of the careers and the eventual Victor.

The next year Oliver was reaped. Melanie thought it was a sick joke that her children were being reaped then killed.

Oliver made a friend in the arena, Finnick Odair. They stuck by each others side. Oliver felt protective of the young 14 year old though Finnick was quite lethal.

When it came down to the final four tributes Oliver sacrificed himself to the careers giving Finnick the chance to sneak up and kill them. He won that games.

When the victor tour came around Finnick spoke to Melanie thanking her for raising a wonderful son and apologising for his sacrifice.

Four years past and Melanie was relieved that it was Luke's last year in the reaping but she was also terrified for her youngest daughter.

Melanie was happy when the girls name were called first (for a change) and it wasn't Nellieton.

But she fell to her knees screaming when the boys name was announced and it was her only son.

Luke went to the games and defeated all odds. He managed to survive, much to the displeasure of the Captiol.

When he went home he was more tough. He started to train Nellieton because with their luck it could be her next.

(This is just the backstory of the Granite Family. The first part will be up shortly)

Thank You ohkaysalvatore for the wonderful banner