Part 18: Day 8

Abigail woke up to see Ethan and Nellieton both asleep. She chuckled to herself as she thought what Charlie would say if he saw everyone had fell asleep.

She stayed quiet while her alliance members slept. She didn't know how long they'd be asleep, she didn't even remember falling asleep.

After sitting for two hours Nellieton woke up. "Morning" Abigail said. "Good morning" the older girl replied.

"How long have you been up" Nellieton asked. "Only about two hours maybe just over" Abigail replied not sure exactly how long it had been.

It fell silent. "What's the plan for today" Abigail asked. "Well we have food, we have water, we have everything we need" Nellieton said.

"So what do we do" Abigail asked. "We have a nice relaxing walk. I actually fancy going to play in the snow" Nellieton said making Abigail smile.

Ethan gasped as he woke up. He looked around to see Abigail and Nellieton looking at him with worried expressions.

"Sorry I had a nightmare" he said. "I get them too" Abigail said quietly. "We all do" Nellieton replied with a small smile, letting the younger ones on they weren't alone.

"On the positive we're going to go to the snow forest and build a snowman, snow woman, snow dog and a snow house" Nellieton said making Ethan burst out laughing even Abigail was giggling.

Nellieton smiled. She only said those things to make her alliance members laugh. She wasn't actually go to do them things.

They get down from the tree and start making their way to the snow forest, or at least the direction they believed it to be.

After walking for over two hours they arrived at the boulders. "I don't think this is the snow forest" Ethan said making Nellieton roll her eyes.

Just then a figure jumped on Nellieton making her hit on head a rock. "Damn it" she snapped as she saw a thin layer of blood.

"You made me bleed" she snapped at the person. She looked to see District 9 male, Dylan looking at her with a smirk.

"I'm sorry your majesty, would you like me to make the pain go away altogether" he asked as he put a knife towards her but she dodged it.

She dodged it again and kicked him hard in the stomach making him loosen his grip on her. She used this to her advantage and threw him against the rocks.

He looked up at her blood pouring down his face. "I'm not a career so I won't kill you painfully, but you did try to kill me so.." she paused as she pretended to think.

Dylan took this as an opportunity and tried to attack her. She got her knife and stuck it in his chest killing him instantly.

The cannon boomed. "Let's go" Nellieton said as walked away, the members of her alliances following her.

She touched the back of her head and felt the blood drying. "Stupid district 9. I hate every stupid district" she mumbled under her breath but her alliance heard.

They kept walking and arrived at the snow forest. "SNOW" Nellieton said as she dived in the snow making the younger two laugh.

But they stopped laughing when they saw Nellieton putting snow on the back of her head. It made their eyes go wide

"W-what are you doing" Ethan asked. "I'm putting snow on the wound I have. You know since I was thrown on a rock" she said calmly as if it was an every day occurrence.

The others watch as a some groan escaped her mouth. "I hate blood" Ethan said to Abigail making Nellieton roll her eyes.

After an hour of laying in the snow it started to get dark. "Let's climb a snowy tree" Nellieton said.

Abigail climbed the tree first, then Ethan did and finally Nellieton climbed up sitting next to Abigail while Ethan was at the other side of the youngest one.

After only a few minutes darkness took over and with darkness Abigail fell to sleep her head against Ethan's shoulder.

"What's your biggest fear" Ethan asked Nellieton. A small chuckle escaped her mouth as she thought of her fear.

"It's actually pretty stupid" she told him. "What is it" he asked. "Falling in love" she told him making him confused.

"Why" he asked. "It's a scary thing to fall in love with someone, you'd do anything to protect them and that makes it a weakness" she said.

"It doesn't have to be a weakness" he said. "Constantly protecting a person or people makes you vulnerable, it's clearly a weakness" she said.

"But that's what you've been doing with us" he said. "I'm not in love with you, I love you all but I'm not in love with you" she said.

"I don't understand what's the difference" he asked. "When you love someone you want them to do well, you want them to be happy" she told him making him nod his head.

"When you're in love you put the other persons need before your own because your happiness is linked to theirs. You'll sacrifice whatever you have to make them happy" She said.

"Wow" he whispered. "So ever being in that position it terrifies me" she told him and they both fell silent.

The Anthem played and the fallen tribute was shown.

Only District 9 Dylan was gone.

Nellieton and Ethan went quiet. Ethan fell asleep while Nellieton smiled slightly. She felt sad knowing she didn't know who was going to go next, she could lose another one of her friends.

(End of Part.  Another Tribute gone meaning 7 left. I'll try get another part out tonight no promises)