Part 12: Day 3

Nellieton woke up and looked around. It took her a moment to remember where she was. A small sigh escaped her mouth.

She noticed that Ethan, Charlie and Abigail were asleep. She was furious. They could have been killed all of them.

After two hours Abigail woke up. "Morning" Nellieton said. "Good morning" Abigail replied as she yawned.

"Where are the boys" she asked. "Sleeping" Nellieton replied with an annoyed tune. "They were meant to stay guard but went to sleep" she continued.

"I fell asleep when I was meant to take watch" Abigail said quietly. "But I didn't fall asleep, one of us was awake" Nellieton replied.

Abigail knew she was right. Nellieton was mad because both of them fell asleep, not just one of them. No one was on guard and they could have died.

A few hours went by before both boys opened their eyes. They looked around wide eyed and shocked that they were alive.

Then their eyes met Nellieton's. "We're so sorry" Charlie said. "Just be glad we're not dead" Nellieton said as calm as she could.

"We should move" Abigail said. The other three looked at her the boys confused Nellieton with a small smirk.

"Why should we move" Charlie asked looking at Nellieton. "Abs why don't you tell them why" she replied.

"If we stay in the same spot we make ourselves vulnerable" Abigail said. "Well done glad to see someone else has brains" Nellieton said.

The four get down from the tree and start walking. "It's so cold" Charlie said. "You complain too much" Ethan said. "But it is" Charlie said. "Suck it up" Nellieton told him.

They kept walking and were soon out of the snow. They were back at the normal forest.

"I feels good to be out of the cold" Charlie said. Ethan shook his head with a grin on his face as he looked at the boy.

Just then a girl appeared in front of them. Ethan got his knife out ready to kill her but she was breathing heavily.

"District 10" Charlie said. "P-please just kill me quick" she said. "What's wrong" Ethan asked her. "I-I'm thirsty I-I've had no water or food" she said.

"Ava right" Ethan asked. "Y-yes" she said. Nellieton went in her backpack and got a bottle of water out.

"Here" she said giving it to Ava, who was shocked. "There's a lake near by with drinkable water, it's in the forest section" Nellieton told her.

"T-thank you" Ava said. "Next time I see you, I won't help you. Now go before the careers come" Nellieton said and Eva ran off

The rest of the alliance looked at Nellieton shocked. "What" she asked. "You were nice. It's weird" Ethan said making her roll her eyes.

They kept walking. "We need more food" Nellieton said. "Don't we have some" Charlie said. "Yes but we need more" she said.

"What should we eat" Charlie said. Nellieton rolled her eyes. He was acting like he actually had a choice.

Ethan heard a noise and threw his knife. "If you keep doing that you're going to get us killed" Nellieton told him.

They go to get the knife only to see a dead pig. "Now that's what I'm talking about" Ethan said licking his lips.

"I've never had pig" Abigail said. "Really" Ethan asked as he pulled the knife out of the dead pig. "We don't have pigs in District 12" Abigail said. "Unless you're rich" Charlie added.

Nellieton cuts the pig getting the best meats. This time she gets more meat so they have a larger supply.

She was curious on why there was so many animals in the arena. Why did they want to tributes to have a variety of food.

"Let's go eat I'm hungry" Charlie said. "Enough with the complaining" Nellieton said getting annoyed with him. "Sorry" Charlie said with a small nervous smile.

They walked trying to find the desert to eat. They walked for hours, Nellieton picked up a few heavy sticks before they finally arrived.

Charlie was about to complain but stopped when he looked at Nellieton. He knew she'd snap at him.

"I think it's got hotter" Ethan said. "That means the food will cook quicker" Nellieton said as they went further in before sitting down.

Nellieton got the food out and put it on the sticks. Silence filled them while they watch the meat cook.

It didn't take long for the food to cook. Nellieton took the first bite. "It's done" she said and the others ate theirs.

The heat got worse after they finished eating. "We need to go back, find a tree for shelter" Ethan said. "Finally" Charlie said.

They left the desert and Nellieton started to feel dizzy. "Are you okay" Abigail asked noticing something was wrong with her. "Peachy" she replied.

After walking for an hour Nellieton lent against a tree doing deep breaths. "Are you dying? Please don't die" Abigail said tears running down her face.

Ethan felt her head and it burnt his hand. "She's hot too hot. She just burn my hand" he said. "We need to get to a tree quick so she can rest" Charlie said.

They kept walking and it was starting to get dark. "Can you climb this tree" Ethan asked the girls. "Yes" they both replied.

The boys manage to climb up, struggling only slightly. Nellieton noticed how their climbing skills improved.

Abigail went up next. She climbed with ease impressing Nellieton. Nellieton climbed up next and went straight to a branch.

She started to shiver. "She's not going to make it" Ethan whispered to Charlie. "What can we do" Charlie whispered.

It was dark and all four were quiet, besides Nellieton who was shivering even more upsetting the other three. They knew if Nellieton went they'd soon follow.

Just then a parachute appeared a few branches up. "What is it" Ethan asked. Abigail climbed up and got it then brought it down and gave it to Ethan.

Ethan opened it to see medicine and a note. "There's a note" Ethan said. "What does it say" Abigail asked.

"It says 'Don't spend too much time in the desert otherwise you will get worse. Use this medicine then sleep but don't use it all keep some just in case'."

"I'll go give some to her" Abigail said as she went over to Nellieton. "Nelly we have some medicine" she said. "I-I'm fine" Nellieton replied.

"Please I don't want you to die knowing I could help" Abigail said. Nellieton sighed as she opened her mouth.

Abigail put some medicine in the older girls mouth, who pulled a disgusted face. "That was horrible" she said.

"You need to sleep" Abigail told her. "It's my turn to watch" she replied. "Ethan and Charlie will watch again. You need to sleep off whatever you have" Abigail said.

Nellieton sighed as she got comfortable. It didn't take her long to fall asleep. Abigail kissed her forehead.

"Who do you think it was from" Charlie asked. "Probably her brother. I mean if my sister was in the games dying I'd want to save her" Ethan said.

The Anthem played and there were no fallen tributes.

"How many are left" Abigail asked. "Mm I think there's twelve, there's four of us both of District 1 and 2, District 4's male and I don't know the rest" Ethan said.

"Hopefully Nelly's better soon so she can kill some careers" Charlie said. "We could kill them" Ethan said. "I'm pretty sure she's stronger than both of you put together" Abigail said making them chuckle.

It was peaceful and silent. The only sound they could hear were birds. It would be beautiful if it wasn't for the circumstances.

(End of Part. I thought the GIF matched Nellieton's personality. She seemed annoyed so I thought why not. Also who do you think the sponsor was from?)