t i

"This was awkward

"This was awkward." I breathed, a few steps further down the road. "Don't you think it was awkward?"

Jonas shrugged and looked at me from the side. "Nei, not really. Why would it be?"

I looked at him incredulously. "Eva is your ex and my friend? And now all of a sudden, we're friends?"

"Ja, but we're just that. Friends. And Eva and me are friends too. I don't think there's anything awkward about that."

I shrugged, a little embarrassed about making a big deal out of it. "Probably just my social awkwardness then."

Jonas bumped his shoulder with mine. "You're alright." He grinned. "Socially, I mean."

"Why thank you." I scoffed but couldn't help the smile that stole itself onto my face.

"Do you really think Kosegruppa is so great, I need to come?" He pulled his beanie further over his ears with his left hand. The right hand was still pushing his bike. "Or did you just say that 'cause Vilde was there?"

"She's my friend." I defended myself. "I have to support her ideas. And that one isn't actually that bad. I think it's a great idea to get people together." Jonas raised an eyebrow at me, the sides of his lips twitching. "It's just that I don't necessarily want to get together with people. But as I said, she's my friend."

"It's very sweet that you support her like that." Jonas grinned and I rolled my eyes at him. "Maybe I'll come."

"Really?" My eyes widened in surprise. "Isak said you always make fun of Kosegruppa with Mahdi whenever he and Magnus talk about going."

"Because it's just weird." He shrugged. "And it didn't have anything convincing me of going before."

I scoffed at his reasons. "What, and now it has something to convince you?"

Jonas looked at me, his face serious. "Now it has you."

I gaped at him, my jaw slack and he bursted out laughing.

"Relax." He giggled and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Isak had asked me to come yesterday too. So I was already considering to go." He had completely thrown me off with his previous comment and he knew it.

I pressed my lips in a tight line and tried to shake the choking feeling in my throat. "My apartment is in the house just down this road on the left." I spoke up, changing the topic.

"I know." Jonas nodded, a grin still prominent on his face. "You're living in one of the houses encircling the park, right?"

I nodded.

"That's so awesome." He added. "You can just go out the back door and stand in a public park."

"Well, technically, we still have about four metres of backyard before the park starts." I corrected him and pointed towards a gap between two houses on our right. "And it's really not that cool. There's tons of people walking, cycling or jogging past my window every day."