t j u e f i r e

"Hei, Lilly! Hey!" A voice yelled after me as I was walking down the stairs to buy something sugary to eat

I needed some kind of energy push right now since I was really lacking the motivation to go through with this horribly boring school day.

Jonas waved at me, taking two steps at a time. "Hei." He said, catching his breath when he finally reached me waiting at the foot of the stairs near the men's bathroom.

"Hei." I smiled at him.

"I didn't see you around school the last two days? Did you catch a cold on Sunday?" He asked and grabbed the straps of his backpack with his hands.

After we had grown tired of running up the hill and sledding down again, we had made our way to Jonas' place, both of our clothes completely soaked from all the snow. He had then borrowed me sweatpants and a hoodie of his to get warm. I still carried them with me in my bag since I had thought that I would be able to give them back to him some time this week. Apparently, that time was now.

"Nei, I was at school." I raised an eyebrow. "You weren't at the Kosegruppa meeting though. Eva wasn't able to participate in the presentations. And it was actually hilariously much fun."

The Kosegruppa meeting had been so much fun on Monday that we had all agreed to do another one next week. Vilde was ecstatic about it. The presentations had been a great idea and everyone had been enjoying themselves. The actual point of them had been to introduce your partner to the group but most of us had just used them as an excuse to embarrass our friend as much as possible, amusing the other group members. The people also really played well together. Everyone liked or at least tolerated the people around them and I was sure that Kosegruppa might actually turn into something really cool this year.
Eva hadn't had that much of a good time though since Jonas had bailed on her without telling her. So she had to sit the meeting out, being the only one who hadn't been allowed to participate. In the end, I had offered to introduce her in an improvised presentation and it had lifted her mood slightly, making the evening somewhat enjoyable for her too. She had told the story of how she and I had met, embarrassing me with it. However, Jonas' behaviour had been absolute shit and Eva had said that she wasn't talking to him at the moment. If I had been in her place, I would have been pissed too.

Jonas adjusted his beanie uncomfortably. "Ja, I know, I had different plans." He said, ripping me out of my train of thought.

I scrunched up my nose in discontent but shrugged and pulled his clothes out of my bag. "Here." I said and handed them to him. "I washed them."

"Oh, you didn't have to." He smiled at me and took the hoodie and the sweats from me. "That's okay."

"Hei!" A female voice said from behind me and I turned slightly to see who was standing there, catching Jonas shocked glance in the direction.