b u r s d a g (29)

[Let's remember this moment for this chapter, shall we?]
AN: I haven't read it to correct spelling or grammar errors so bear with me on this one!

[Let's remember this moment for this chapter, shall we?]AN: I haven't read it to correct spelling or grammar errors so bear with me on this one!

"Thanks for hosting again." I hugged Noora and kissed her on the cheek.

"Don't worry. It's your birthday, you'll get everything you want today." She said and winked at me, causing me to laugh at her.

Turning towards the doorframe to the living room, I examined all my friends laughing and having fun, lounging on the couches or on the floor.
It had been a great get-together. I really hated being the center of attention so my birthdays​ were generally kind of boring but I was happy that I'd decided to invite all of them this afternoon for a few hours of chatting and having a good time.
I was still afraid that something might go wrong, considering the fact that there was still some unreleased tension between Chris and Jonas but I hoped they would keep it together for me today.
I smiled at Magnus and Vilde who were talking intimately​ about something. They were too cute sometimes. I felt like Vilde was falling for him more and more and I was confident that my earlier scepticism about their relationship had been unreasoned.

"Let me help you with these." I said to Noora who had just stepped out of the living room with three empty snack bowls in her arms.

"Nei, nei, you go in there and have fun." She waved me off. "It's your party."

"Ja, and that's why I want to help you." I grabbed a bowl out of her grip. "No discussion."

She shrugged and grinned and marched into the kitchen of the shared apartment, me trailing behind her.

"I think it's great how Eskild is able to just include himself in a group so easily." I smiled and took the bag of chips from the counter, handing the one with the gummy bears to Noora.

"He's horrible." My friend chuckled and started filling her bowl again. "But I think it's great that everyone is mingling."

"Ja, me too." I nodded my head at her statement. "I was a little scared we would have the normal groups, you know, the girls, the boys, Chris and then Eskild and Linn but it's so nice to see them all together."

"I think this was a great idea." Noora said and continued with her second bowl.

"Ja, it was." I grinned at her and put my hand on her shoulder. "Tusen takk, Noora. You always have the best ideas."

She laughed. "That's what I wanted to hea-"

And that was when the yelling started.
I knew immediately who it was since I had been sceptical about that combination from the start.
Noora's head whipped in the direction of the voices.
I closed my eyes for few seconds before opening them again and dusting of my hands on one of the kitchen towels.

"It will only be a minute." I said to Noora with a fake smile and I disappeared into the hallway.

I was fuming.
One day out of the whole year on which I wanted everything to be perfect or at least somewhat okay, but these two little drittsekker couldn't even keep it together for a few short hours?
My hands were shaking in anger as I positioned myself in the doorway to the living room.
Chris and Jonas were standing opposite of each other, yelling obscenities and insults at each other in a volume that could probably be hear at the border to Sweden.
My other friends were currently trying to realise how the hell that fight had just broken out and some were trying to intervene but didn't even come close to getting the boys to understand what they were saying.
Eva stepped forward and laid her hand on Chris' arm whereas Even tried to get in front of Jonas, his hands held up in a defensive gesture. Chris shrugged Eva's hand off vehemently and Jonas pushed past Even aggressively.
By now, the atmosphere in the room had completely changed. Instead of the light, happy vibe from before, everyone was tense now and ready to act on whatever the two idiots planned in doing next.
Sana sat on the edge of her seat on the sofa.
The next thing happened so fast that I couldn't even remember who threw the first punch. I only knew that I had blinked and a split second later, Chris and Jonas were going at each other.
Isak jumped up from the couch, Even tried to get in between the two boys, Magnus had pushed Vilde off his lap and was now putting up the stance behind Chris to pull him off in a favorable moment.