t j u e f e m

I had decided not to confront Jonas about whatever he was actually thinking

I had decided not to confront Jonas about whatever he was actually thinking. He had texted me last night, saying he was sorry that he had had to leave with Isabel. He hadn't meant to appear rude. However, he had not given any apology or explanation as to why he kept our hang-outs a secret.
I didn't really care anymore. I just wanted to spend time with him because he made me feel warm and gooey inside. Even though it was a little sick because he didn't actually know how much I adored him, I pushed aside all those negative thoughts and decided that I would eventually get over my feelings for him.
So I trudged down the hallway to my next class, holding my head high. I was just going to forget everything that had previously happened for the past two weeks and look towards the future. Maybe Jonas was just weird in the beginnings of friendships because he felt awkward.
Who the hell knew.
I rounded the corner and stepped into the classroom in which my English class would be held. Eva was already sitting in the window seat of our usual table.
She looked up from her phone when I slumped down on the chair next to her.

"Hei." I sighed and smiled at her, hanging my coat around the back of the chair and setting my bag down next to me.

"Hei." She grinned at me sheepishly.

I tilted my head and squinted my eyes at her in suspicion. "Hva er det? Why are you smiling like this?"

"Nothing." However, Eva couldn't help her smile from widening. She sat up upright and looked at me. "Okay, so, you know how me and Chris weren't talking but then we made out on the last party we all went to? The one at Chris', I mean."

"Wait, wait." I shook my head. "You're talking about Chris Schistad, ja?"

She nodded excitedly and shoved her phone screen in my face. "We're texting again. And I think he's flirting."

"Eva." I pushed her hand a way slightly so I could see the screen properly. I quickly scanned the messages they had sent to one another and a smile spread across my face. "He's definitely flirting." I was grinning from ear to ear by now. "Maybe not as aggressively as he used to but he's definitely flirting with you." I took the phone from her. "'I can show the pics to you once I'm home'?" I read out aloud and smirked. "He's hooked!"

My friend giggled and then rolled her eyes at me, taking the phone back out of my hands. "He's just giving me mixed signals." She frowned at her screen before locking her phone and placing it in the pocket of her jacket that was placed on the windowsill next to our table. "I don't get him. Like we hooked up and then he completely shut himself off. And now all of a sudden he's hooking up and flirting with me again."

"Chris doesn't know what he wants, trust me." I shrugged and leaned back in my chair. "But-" I lifted a hand and poked her arm with my pointy finger. "-if it makes you feel better; I talked to him and encouraged him to go for you. I'm Team Mohnstad, of course."

"Aw, takk." She grabbed the hand that was poking her and squeezed it before pushing it away from her.

"He said he was considering it." I smiled cheekily at her. "So with that he means that he's considering you."