Family Ties

Stefan's POV

I slipped on a black shirt and walked into my room after showering. I stopped and cursed to myself mentally when I saw Damon. He was sitting at my desk reading my diary. Why can't he just leave me alone for once in his life?

"How were tryouts? Did you make the team? Very Emerson, the way you reveal your soul with so many.." I sped up to him and grabbed my journal from his greedy hands. "Adjectives," he finished and laughed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him putting my journal back onto my desk. I am already irritated by Damon's appearance in my room.

"I've come to apologize. I've been doing some thinking, some soul searching... and I want us to start over. We need to put the past behind us. You're my little brother, and if you want to live a normal human life, then I want that for you. Maybe I can do it too. I can learn to be a non-living, living person," he said and paused. He then bursted out laughing. Oh haha very funny. He patted my back walked past me. I rolled my eyes when he wasn't looking.

"You know, it doesn't have to be this way Damon,"

"Of course it doesn't. I saw Tessa and Elena today b.t.w. That means by the way, they were at cheerleading practice. Tessa looked so perky in her little short shorts, just-" he stopped himself and bit his lip. I stared him down. I care for Elena's sister, Tessa, and I will not let him go and hurt her.

"Simmer down, I didn't go near her. I've got my own cheerleader now. Ooh, that reminds me. I gotta run, I have a date. Sweaty palms, wish me luck," he smiled rubbing his hands together blowing on them. He then ran out. Ok, then. Wait, who was he taking out on a date?

*****

Tessa's POV

"You explain it. Last night I'm watching nine-0, a commercial break comes on, and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial! And sure enough, it's that guy and girl at the bench, he flies to Paris and flies back, they take a picture," Bonnie rambled. I laughed helping Elena take out food from bags.

"Oh come on, that commercial is on a constant loop," Elena laughed rolling her eyes.

"Fine, well how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers, three numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?" Bonnie asked looking at Elena.

"Maybe we should play the lottery," I said in all seriousness and Bonnie gave me a warning look. I laughed at my own joke. Well, I thought it was funny.

"Have you talked to your grams?" Elena asked while still laughing.

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you wanna be a witch?" Bonnie asked Elena.

"I don't want to be a witch," Elena said and Bonnie looked at me for an answer.

"Nope, too mean," I joked and she punched my shoulder making me grab it in pain.

"Putting it in a nice bowl isn't going to fool anybody," Bonnie laughed as Elena poured some lasagna into a nice glass bowl.

"Ok, serving spoons," Elena said looking around.

"Middle drawer on your left," Bonnie said fast. I looked at her in surprise as did Elena. She shrugged. When Elena opened the drawer Bonnie was in fact correct.

"Ok, so you've been in this kitchen a thousand times," Elena added slowly grabbing the spoons.

"Yeah, that's it," Bonnie nodded as the doorbell then rang. Elena gasped and looked Bonnie.

"Ok, he's here. Don't be nervous, just be your loving self," Elena clapped her hands together but then looked at me. "And you, be nice and manners, those are important," she smirked as I rolled my eyes and left to answer the door.