Under Control

"I say we got to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," Damon said after finishing hammering nails into the board that was blocking the rain from coming inside the broken window.

"Yeah, then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say 'oops, sorry'?" Stefan asked Damon with his arms crossed.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her," I looked at both of them.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it was not like I had a choice, she's..." Damon paused thinking for the right word. "Scary. Besides she's going to help me get Katherine back," he smirked at me and I laughed.

"Of course she is. Damon get's what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process," I said and he looked from Stefan over to me.

"You don't have to be snarky about it," he told me making me raise my eyebrows and scoff.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky," I said as Damon sat down on the chair.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" he asked me.

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self serving psychopath, with no redeeming qualities," I said crossing my arms.

"Ouch," he mumbled and Stefan stepped up.

"This isn't being very productive. We're going to figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?" Stefan asked looking at Damon. Damon kept his eyes on me as he stood up and pushed past me walking away.

"I'm sorry he just makes me so cranky," I said clenching my jaw and he nodded grabbing the back of my neck pulling me into his chest.

"I know, he makes everybody cranky," he nodded and I sighed wrapping my arms around his waist.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Damon and I are going to handle everything, I promise," he said but I pulled away looking into his eyes.

    "Well, what about me? I can't just sit here and do nothing," I added and he shook his head pushing some hair out of my face putting it behind my ears.

    "That's exactly what you are going to do, because that's what going to keep you safe,"

    "Which means nothing if you're not safe too," I said putting my hands over his larger warmer ones.

    "What do you mean? I'm perfectly safe. I have Damon, the self serving psychopath on my side," he laughed and I sighed leaning into his chest again.

    "Well, that's comforting," I rolled my eyes leaning my forehead against his chest feeling his lips touch my hair kissing my head.

    **********************

I heard my phone ring and I ran over to it picking it up. Damon is calling... yep, ignore. I pressed the ignore button and went to walk up the stairs but the doorbell rung and I sighed turning around opening it. Damon instantly walked in without me saying he could.

"Great just come on in," I said sarcastically after he entered.

"You're ignoring me," Damon stopped in the living room turning around to look at me.

"No, the six missed calls? sorry my phone is dead," I said showing him my phone that was in fact not dead and yes I was ignoring him.

"Is Stefan here?" he asked and I crossed my arms looking at his face. His face held concern and he was not smirking so something must have been wrong.