The Turning Point

We walked into the grill and I smiled looking at the crazy drunk people. Matt walked by us and Stefan walked over to him. He looked at me and I winked and turned around walking over to the bar. I need to get a drink if I'm going to need to loosen up tonight. I stopped halfway when I saw him. He looks so good in his black jeans and leather jacket. He sat on a stool at the bar drinking some alcohol from the glass he had in his hand. He took a sip and set the glass down. I knew that Damon felt my stare cause he turned around meeting my eyes. His crystal eyes lit up as he smirked. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Stefan. He pointed towards Lexi and I looked back at Damon. His eyes darkened when he saw Stefan. Stefan smiled at me and grabbed my hand dragging me over to Lexi. What was that?

    *******

    Damon's POV

    I sighed as I took a sip of the bourbon from my glass. I hope Tessa's going to be here. I love when her eyes sparkle when she sees me. I can hear her heart beat faster when she notices me stare at her. I felt a gaze bore into my back and turned around. It was her. She smiled and waved at me. I took a look down her body and smirked. She was wearing a tank top that hugged her torso perfectly and a light gray cotton pullover.  She had some tight skinny jeans with some holes in the knees making her legs look so good and was wearing her old beat up converse. To complete the look her hair was straightened and silky. She doesn't have to try and she still looks gorgeous. I smirked at her and she blushed. I felt my blood boil as I saw Stefan put his hand on her shoulder and smile at her. She smiled at him then looked back at me. I frowned when Stefan grasped her hand and dragged her out of my sight. I angrily squeezed the glass and it shattered into pieces spilling the alcohol everywhere. I didn't care when I felt the tiny pieces of glass prick my skin.

    "Dude,-" I cut the bartender off right before he was going to scold me and looked into his eyes.

    "You dropped this glass, you clean it up," I compelled the guy and clenched my jaw. The guy nodded and scurried off. I growled as I stood up and wiped my hand on my jeans. I don't have time to clean this and get rid of the glass. What I'm about to do is more important. I found Caroline and stepped in front of her.

    "Where is it?" I asked her and she jumped almost running into me.

    "Bonnie won't give it to me," I rolled my eyes at her answer.

    "So rip it off her neck,"

    "Well, I tried. It shocked me,"

    "Damn it! Why does it do that?" I asked myself feeling my hunger for blood get stronger as I stared at Caroline's neck. I snapped out of my trance and glared at her.

    "I need that crystal," I demanded and she shook her head.

    "Why are you being like this? I'm so good to you, and I'd do anything, you know-" I felt myself tune out of her talking as she reached down grabbed my leather jacket pulling me closer.

"It's just some stupid necklace," she said playing with the zipper of my jacket. I grabbed her hands harshly and pushed them away feeling my jaw clench again.

"No, you are the only stupid thing here. And shallow-" before I turned away fully walking away I smirked at her. "And useless," Ok, maybe that was a little harsh but I don't care at the moment.

After I got away from Caroline's sight I stopped hearing that familiar breathtaking laugh. I snapped my head over to the pool table and felt veins grow under my eyes. Tessa was laughing at something Stefan said and she shoved his shoulder making him laugh back. She looked like she was having such a good time with Stefan. I wish I wasn't so...me. I wish I could be more like Stefan is what I mean. Caring, sweet, loveable, and most important he has very good control. Not me at all. I felt myself want to bang my head against the wall as I walked past necks that made my mouth water. I looked back at Tessa and saw Stefan grab her hand smiling genuinely at her. My fangs grew out of anger and I stomped outside feeling the dead air float around me.