Miss Mystic Falls

"Nice car," I smiled at Stefan as he got out of his red sports car. He took off his sunglasses and stuck them into his shirt before smiling at the car.

"I thought it was a waste to leave it sitting in the garage," he said walking over to me. He kissed me making me smile before looking up at him.

"I didn't know you were coming back today,"

"You know, I woke up this morning and I was feeling great, and I figured it was time for me to get back into things," he answered.

"Does that mean you're okay now? With all the cravings?"

"Yeah. I mean, the worst part is over. So... now all I want to do is just spend as much time with you as possible," he said and I leaned up to kiss him again.

"I'm okay with that,"

"Hey, thank you. For helping me get through the rough patch," he smiled grabbing my hands.

"You're welcome. We're going to be late," I reminded and he nodded.

"Okay um, you know what? I'll catch up with you, I'm gonna grab my stuff. I'll be right behind you," he nodded and I furrowed my eyebrows but then agreed beginning to walk away.

******************

"Bonnie!" I yelled after her.

"Hey," she smiled continuing to walk away.

"Hey, I tried to grab you after class but you'd already taken off. How are you? Hows your family?" I asked and she finally stopped looking at me.

"We're dealing, it's been hard," she said. Understandable.

"Everyone here has really missed you. Including me," I smiled.

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after gram's funeral, and honestly after you told me that the tombs spell failed, I just really didn't want to come back," she frowned and I nodded. I wouldn't blame her, I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't want to come back either.

"I hope you understand why I called. I wanted you to know before you came home,"

"I understand why. I just wish I didn't know," she said honestly.

"I know it's been really hard-" I got interrupted when I saw Caroline rush over to us yelling Bonnie's name.

"Thank god you're home," she smiled hugging Bonnie. "I know we talked everyday but I missed you! How are you doing?" she asked completely ignoring my existence. Wow, okay, hello to you too Caroline.

"Better, just better. You know I'm glad to be back, and try to keep myself busy," she answered.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe confab needed asap. You need to help me pick the perfect dress for the founder's court," she smiled. The founders court?

"The founders court? Did I miss something?" I asked.

"The founders court. You know, Miss Mystic Falls? They announced it today, and um, you and I are both on it," Caroline explained. I'm on it? What? Oh shit yeah, now I remember.

"Oh my god, we signed up for that so long ago, with Elena," I sighed running my hand through my hair. "I completely forgot,"

"Yeah, so are you dropping out then?" Caroline asked hopefully. Elena wanted me to do it, my mom wanted me to do it. I should do it for them.

"I can't," I sighed.

"Her mom and Elena are the ones who wanted her to enter," Bonnie explained making me nod in agreement. Great, so I'm competing against Caroline for Miss Mystic Falls. Just great.