History Repeating

"Call me please," I heard Jeremy say. He hung up the phone and set it down pouring some drink into a glass.

    "Hey, do you wanna hang out tonight? We could go to that halloween thing at school. It could be fun," I suggested leaning against the island. He needs to get his mind off of Vicki.

    "Sure. Cool. Sounds fun. Can't wait," he sarcastically said and walked away.

    "I know you're upset about Vicki. I heard she called Matt. But you can't be with her, she needs to get better. I'm not saying let her go, but she needs time to heal," he looked back at me and rolled his eyes.

    "Tessa, Vicki is the only thing that has made me not feel like crap after mom and dad died. Trust me keeping her away from me is not the best thing right now," he said and stalked off to his room. At least he didn't ask me about Elena.

    **********

    I grabbed Jeremy's arm making sure I didn't lose him. We got to the party at school and the music was blasting. All the teens were drinking and laughing. Jeremy jumped some little kids and they screamed. Of course he had to do that. I slapped his shoulder scolding him but he just laughed and rubbed his shoulder where I slapped him.

    "You went with Elena's costume from last year?" Matt asked walking over to me. I laughed and looked down at the bloody nurse dress.

    "Yeah, I didn't have any other costume and me coming to this party was a sudden choice so I didn't have any other option," I looked him down. He was wearing something like mine except it was a man's nurse suit. Great, I'm matching with my sisters ex boyfriend.

    "And you're going as...you?" Matt joked asking Jeremy. Jeremy just glared at him and walked away. I slapped Matt's arm lightly before crossing my small arms.

    "That was rude, and he's in bit of a pissy mood, we kinda had an argument," I said rolling my eyes.

    "Me too. Vicki came home and I tried not to smother her but,"

    "Wait she's here?" I asked and he nodded.

    "I gotta find Jeremy,"

    "Tessa what's the matter?"

    "I've gotta go find him," I excused myself walking away from Matt.

    ********

    "Thank god," I smiled when I saw Stefan walk over to me with Vicki grasped in his hand. She was wearing a vampire costume, how ironic.

    "What's the matter?"

    "I lost track of Jeremy. I was worried," I said looking at Vicki. She just rolled her eyes at me pushing her curly brown hair behind her shoulder.

    "What's going on?" Matt asked walking over to us. He had a concerned look on his face as he stared at the three of us.

    "Hey, uh, everything's fine,"

    "I told you to stop bothering me," Vicki slapped Stefan's hand away suddenly.

    "Don't touch him like-" Vicki interrupted me and gave Matt puppy dog eyes.

    "Matty they won't leave me alone," She then said to him. I gaped at her, I didn't know she was this bitchy. Ever since she turned.

    "You need to back off, man," Matt snapped at Stefan. Stefan just stood there not knowing what to even say.

    "Matt no it's okay-"

    "No, it's not okay. What the hell is your problem?" Matt asked stepping into Stefan's face. I looked over and saw Vicki as she sped away leaving a gust of air.