Katerina

"Hello, Tessa," I looked up to see Damon who answered the door, and my heart dropped. We kissed, and I don't know what to even say to him.

"Is Stefan here? He called, said it was important," I answered looking into his blue eyes which were already staring into mine. He stepped to the side and opened the door further.

"Right this way," he smiled watching as I stepped inside the house. He closed the door behind me and I walked into the main room.

"Hey," I looked over to see Stefan. He had a fake smile on his face and his hands were tucked inside his front pockets. I felt every ounce of guilt in my body looking at Stefan.

"What is this about?" I asked pushing a piece of hair that fell in my face behind my ear. Stefan looked behind him and I saw Rose. She hasn't left? Damon walked over to us and grabbed my arm.

"We need to all talk," he said looking down at me with a serious face. His serious face, not his signature smirk, so that's when I knew something was wrong. Stefan nodded and guided me to the back room with Rose and Damon.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years," Rose started as I sat down on the brown leather couch. Damon leaned against the chair to my right and Stefan sat in the one to my left. I could not explain how awkward it is to be in the same room as them both. "And I don't know what's true and what's not true.  That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real," she said pacing back and forth in front of me.

"Who's Klaus?" I asked crossing my legs. Damon looked over at me.

"One of the originals. He's a legend," Damon answered raising his dark eyebrows.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan added and I looked at him. He looked hurt, like emotionally. Which made me feel hurt.

"Like Elijah?" Rose shook her head instantly at my question.

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal," Rose said with a sigh. Elijah seemed pretty strong, how strong could Klaus be compared to him? My brain was buzzing with questions and all I could really think of was if Elena was okay and where Klaus was at this exact moment.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan said and I held my hand up towards him to stop him from talking.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" I asked.

"Yes," "No," Stefan and Rose said together and I furrowed my eyebrows at them. 

"What they are saying is, if what she's saying is true," Damon started walking over to Rose.

"Which it is," she said looking at him.

"And you're not just saying this so we don't kill you..."

"Which I'm not," she rolled her eyes.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe,"  Damon shrugged making me give him a huge fake smile. GREAT.

"Look Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows you exist," Stefan said standing up from his chair.

"Not that you know of," Rose added.

"That's not helping," Damon said to her with an angry look on his face.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction.  I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know, he could just be  some sort of stupid bed time story," Stefan said sitting beside me with a hopeful look in his eyes as he looked at me.