Chapter 7

After the dinner party, Draco had gone home and took a long, cold shower. There was something to be said for the old cliche. The iciness, washing over his body, refocused his brain and helped him think clearer. Yes, Hermione Granger looked good in her swimsuit. A lot of witches looked good in swimsuits. His libido would have been equally affected had it been any woman unraveling a towel to reveal that sight to him. He possibly reacted a little stronger to Granger because he knew exactly what was under that suit, but that would be the only reason why.

He slipped on a pair of boxers, cleared up the few breakfast dishes left in the sink, and sunk into the couch with a book. He had contemplated going out to the pub around the corner. It was almost guaranteed that there'd be someone there to take his mind off that blue suit, but he figured it was probably best to just call it a night. Maybe he'd hit the pub up on the weekend. He hated how crowded it got, but he at least knew he wouldn't be leaving on his own.

Draco quickly grew tired of reading. He had just placed the book back on the shelf when someone knocked on his door. He looked through the peephole and his heart skipped a beat. Hermione was on his doorstep. His first instinct was to do nothing, pretend he wasn't home. But then he noticed that she was still in her swimsuit, and her eyes were red and puffy. If he let her leave and roam the streets of London like that, nothing good would come of it. Nothing good could come of letting her in either, but he'd deal with that aftermath later.

As he opened the door, she mumbled an apology, saying she didn't know why she was there. Before she could step away, Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her back. "It's okay. I know why," Draco said, pulling her inside. That was only a half lie. He didn't know exactly why she was there, but he recognized the pained look on her face and knew that, for whatever reason, she couldn't stand the thought of being alone at the moment.

"I just-"

Draco cut her off with a soft kiss, testing his boundaries. He was rewarded with her lips parting and fervently returning the gesture. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close and deepening the kiss.

"I just need to forget," Hermione breathed against his lips.

"I can help with that," Draco murmured, licking her swollen lips.

A small moan escaped Hermione's lips, as she ran her hands up his bare chest and across his shoulders. She dug her nails into his biceps and smashed her lips against his again. Draco hooked his fingers into the tied up sides of her swim bottom, and guided her to the bedroom. As they crossed the threshold, he swiftly untied the barely there garment, and let it drop at Hermione's feet. He then grasped her waist, picked her up, and gently tossed her onto the bed.

"Oh!" Hermione cried in surprise, a hint of a smile flashing across her face.

Draco crawled on the bed and straddled her stomach. He unhooked her top and tossed it over his shoulder.

"Lie back," Draco softly instructed. Hermione obliged without argument, letting her head fall back onto the mattress and her eyes close.

Letting his thumbs stroke gentle circles on either side of her hips, Draco bent low, to Hermione's neck, and began nipping and sucking his way to her collarbone. He slowly worked up to the other side, whispering in her ear, "What do you need to forget about?"

"Why do you ask questions that you already know the answer to?" was her breathy reply.

Her ex-husband's face flitted through his mind as he suckled at a sensitive spot below her ear, and he nipped a little harder than he meant to. The unintended gesture had pleasant results. Hermione's hands grasped his arse and brought his hips crashing down to meet hers. His still clothed erection twitched in anticipation as she thrust against him. Any red haired visions were instantly vanished as her slender fingers slipped between the elastic band and his skin and started working his boxers down his thighs. Draco quickly helped with her quest, working the underwear past his knees and kicking them off. He heard the boxers hit the wall and fall to the floor, causing Hermione to smirk.