Not A Social Butterfly

Illi's POV
     The house is full of people  grinding against each other, sweating, nearly having sex in corners, and drinking. People walking by smell of heavy alcohol and bump into me. Venus is holding my hand, keeping me close behind her so I don't get lost in the large crowd of people.
     My feet hurt already from walking in these heels. She leads me over to the drinks and hands me a cup of something. I smell it before anything; its some sort of alcohol. 
    I hand it back to her. "I don't drink," I say when she hands it back to me. The boys walk up to us. Santos takes the drink from my hand.
    "The nerd doesn't drink, Venus. Accept it," he tells her, drinking from the red solo cup. Venus scuffs at him. Luke walks up and wraps his arms around her from behind, making her jump. "Blondie's here."
     "Shut up," she tells him. She looks at me. "You think you'll be fine by yourself for a few minutes?" She asks me.
    "Yeah," I say at the same time Santos says, "Really? He only lasts a few minutes?" Marcus chuckles at what his friend says. Venus walks to where everyone is dancing and so does Marcus, leaving me with Santos. My body tenses as I feel someone's eyes on me.
     "Why are you always like this?" Santos asks. I look at him with my brows drawn together in confusion. "So tense? I've never seen you feel like you can be comfortable someplace. Not even when your home," he explains.
     "I'm just not a social person and I don't have the best experiences with people," I answer. Someone walks over and places their hand on my shoulder, making me spin around in shock.
    The boy gives me a small smile. He's medium height with brown eyes. "I'm James," he says, offering his hand. Santos wraps his arm around my waist, scaring me.
    "And she's leaving," he says in a low, scary voice and pulls me away. I'm too scared to move his hand. "That guy is bad news. You should stay clear of him."
      "Okay," I say, feeling awkward cause I'm close to him right now. "Ca-can you please let me go?" I request.
     "Yeah, sorry," he says. That's the first time I've ever heard him apologize to me and the one time he does its because of something that hasn't done any emotional scaring.
      Some girl is a skimpy outfit walks by and runs her hand down his arm as she passes. He smirks at her and gives her a look that I wish I hadn't seen. He walks over and starts a conversation.
     I look around me to try and locate the door. When I find it, I walk over and leave. Outside the air is cold, and chilly. Across the street is the 24 hour library I usually go to when I need to escape from everything.
    I walk across the street, looking behind me every now and then to make sure no one is following me.
     ×××××××××
             Santos's POV
      The short girl dressed in almost all see through clothes grinds up against me. She might be sexy, but her personality is shit. Its not like I'm looking for something serious, cause I'm not, but having a good personality is a turn on.
      I see Illi Salk out if the house. The girl drops down to her knees and does that weird bouncing thing. I grab her hands, pulling her back up, and step away from her. "I'll be right back," I lie.
     I walk over to the door and rush out. She couldn't of gotten that far, so I look around. Across the street is the towns library. If she went anywhere its there.
       I run across the street and to the library. From the outside it looks like all the nights are off, but it's brighter than hell in here. The librarian looks over at me and gives a weird look.
     I search each of the rows until I spot her.  She jumps with a touch her arm to get her attention. "Why'd you leave?" I ask.
   "I don't like social gatherings, they give me anxiety. You should have stayed though. It looked like you were having a good time with that girl," she says, taking a book and reading the description.
     "Are you jealous?" I ask with a smirk, leaving against one of the selves with my arms crossed.
      "No," she says, not even having to think about it. "I'm just saying that you should have stayed and had a good time." I shrug.
     "It wasn't that fun always," I say. She puts the book back. I take one out and read the back. "This one looks good," I say.
     "It is," she says, letting me know she's already read it. "Is there anything you haven't read?" I ask. She shrugs. She's always so shy, I want to see her let her guard down. I don't have her, and I don't know why I act the way I do towards her.
     "There's a lot I haven't read yet," she says. "You should read that though, it's good. And you remind me of Valentine," she says. I look down at the book. I take out another book and hand it to her.
     "Page 492," she says, reading the title.
     "My mom has it and has trued to make me read it. But I'm not one for cliche teen romances that aren't realistic," I tell her. She turns the book over to read the description, but I stop her. "No, just read it and be surprised. I'll do the same."
      Her eyes search mine. I've never noticed how mesmerizing the green and blue colors were. I've heard her say time and time again she hates her eyes cause their different. "Why-why are you being nice to me?" She asks.
      I look down at my copy of the thick book. "I don't know."

AN: And so it begins. Page 492 isn't a real book, I just made that up. What's a side of him you want to see. Protective, seductive? Comment! Share! Stay alive |-/        -Veah