Misunderstood

Santos's POV     I wake with my arms arms wrapped tightly around Illi's waist

              Santos's POV
     I wake with my arms arms wrapped tightly around Illi's waist. Memories come back to me from last night. I've been with countless women before, but nothing could have compared to that. Maybe cause I genuinely love her.
   But seeing her eyes tear up because of me in the beginning felt like a bullet wound. The last thing I had wanted to happen was for her to be hurt. I had known that it hurts the first time, but I was praying it wouldn't hurt her bad.
     She stirs in her sleep, letting me know she's waking up. Usually when she's asleep, she doesn't move at all. Her green/yellow eyes slowly open. "Morning," I say, moving my hand down her back and back up. 
    "Good morning," she says. Every time I wake up beside her, I want it to be way forever. Us waking up in bed together, just living a happy life as couple. She throws her leg over mine. She's in boy shirts and my shirt from last night, whereas I'm just in my boxers.
    Standing up, she winces. "You okay?" I ask her. She nods, not looking at me. She walks awkwardly into the bathroom. I get up and find my sweats. Before I can knock on the bathroom door she opens it. "Are you sure your okay?"
    "Yeah, just a little sore," she says. I follow her back to the bed; before she can lay back down, I wrap my arms around her from behind and pull her against my chest. "I'm okay. I promise," she says as she turns in my arms.
    Biting my lip, I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I come back out, Illi is sitting up in bed reading the book I told her too that night in the library.
    "Do you really like that book?" I ask her. She nods, not taking her eyes off the page.
    "Did you finish reading it?" She asks me. I shake my head. "And you made it seem like you were committed to finish it." I grin.
    "I'll start it again soon." I lean in and kiss her softly. Almost hesitantly, she runs her hand down my chest. I rest my hand on her waist. The once soft, innocent kiss grows hungry and heated.
  (Mature but short)
      I sit up and pull her with me. "Raise your arms," I instruct her. She does as told. Slowly, I remove my shirt from off her. Closing my eyes, I kiss her collarbone, earning a moan.
    With one hand I take one of her breasts as I use my mouth on the other. "Ah," she says, as I switch over. Her fingers tangle in my hair that's longer than usual. I get lower when I open my eyes.
    I should have looked before I started kissing her. A large bruise covers the right side of her waist and there's a few on her arms, and legs. I must had been rougher than I thought I was.
    I pull away and take a deep breath, having to look away from what I have caused. "Is everything okay?" She asks. Her voice says nervous, almost scared of what my answer will be.
    "I don't know. Is everything okay?" I ask too roughly. My eyes trail down her body. She looks at them herself then back at me. "Why didn't you tell me I was hurting you last night?" I demand in a softer tone.
    "I-it didn't hurt. I was surprised when I seen the bruises too," she tells me. Part if me doesn't believe​ her. "If you had been hurting me, I would have told you to stop. There was only a minute when it actually hurt, but it went away."
      I lean against the door frame. "Maybe if you stopped looking at them you'd stop feeling so bad about it," she says. I sigh, my jaw clenching as well as my fists.
   "I hurt you, you have the bruises to prove it," I say. She looks away from me and out the window before walking over, placing her hands on my waist.
    "I'm okay, you didn't hurt me. I felt...really good last night. Don't beat yourself up over it. They'll fade," she says. I look at the ones on her legs. She lifts my head up so I'm looking at her.
     Hesitantly, she leans in and kisses me. I don't touch her; she pulls away when she realizes that. "Fine then," she says and walks to the bathroom. I sit down on the bed and run my hands through my hair.
     I can't help but feel like my father right now. He might have known he was hurting my mom, whereas I didn't know, but I still left marks on Illi's body.
    The door opens the bathroom and Illi's dressed. She grabs her bag when and stands in front of me. He leans down for a kiss but I stand.
    "I'm going to see my dad again," she says. I turn towards her. "I want to know if he knows how my mom found where I was and if she's... I just need to talk to him about stuff."
    "Your not going by yourself," I tell her. She walks to the room frame.
    "I was going to ask you to come with me before you got upset over nothing," she says. I ignore that and take closes out.
     "I'm gonna get ready the I'll come with you."
       ××××××××××
        We've made small talk, but it's not a full conversation. The tension isn't a good one between us. This is my fault. She reaches her hand over and rests it on my arm. I pull it away.
    She blinks back tears and looks away from me. I park and we get out. She spits her dad and makes her way over with me close behind. He stands up and hugs her tightly. She winces a little too loudly.
     "Are you okay?" He asks her. She nods too soon for my liking. We all sit down. He shakes my hands. "I was very happy when you reached out to me. What is this about?"
     "Mom," she says. He tenses. "She came to the hospital when in was there a week or so ago. I just wanted to know if you have any contact with her over the years."
    He shakes his head. "No I haven't at all. There isn't a part of me that wants to know that women anymore. What did she tell you?" He asks. She looks at me for a second then at her hands.
      "Nothing I don't already know," she says. He takes her hand.
     "Have you thought more about staying with me?" I hadn't even known she was thinking about that as an option. She sighs, her free hand tapping her thigh.
    "A little. I still need some time though," she says. He nods and stands. They hug and he kisses her forehead. He shakes my hand again before walking off. I grab her arm where a bride is, making me wince. I take my hand away immediately.
     "Your gonna go with him?" I ask. She shrugs.
     "So now your going to stop ignoring me?" She looks away from. "You don't understand. Growing up, you had the same parents, maybe your dad was a horrible one, but he was still the same done. I didn't have that. A had different families. But when I had steady parents, my dad was the one that made me feel safe and loved. Then I lost him. I want that back."
     My chest rises and falls heavily. "Do I not make you feel safe or loved?" I say too loudly.
     "Usually you do, but right now how I am supposed to feel loved when you won't even touch me?" That makes me shut up. We both fall silent. "Can we go now?"
    I nod and lead the way back to the truck.
      ×××××××××
      I pull up to her parents. She looks over at me and leans over. Her lips feel good on mine, but I don't kiss back. She pulls back with a hurt look. "Bye," I say.
     "Love you," she says before closing the door.

AN: This was his ignoring side, requested by @firecrackergirl. Comment a side of him or her you want to see next!! Share! Stay alive |-/        -Veah