Broken Wings

Illi's POV      The bright light coming in from the window hurts my head

Illi's POV
      The bright light coming in from the window hurts my head. I know I'll have to deal with a hungover Marcus and Venus in an hour when they wake. I get up and get my clothes to get dressed.
    My right shoulder hurts from sleeping on it wrong. I finish getting dressed and go down stairs. Just as I get to the kitchen, someone knocks softly on the door. I walk over and check who it is through the blinds. Santos raises a brow at me, looking at me from the other side of the glass.
    I open the door and let him in. He takes his jacket off and hangs it on the rack. "That boys still asleep?" he asks. I nod, going back into the kitchen. I get out the pills to and get water.
    Turning around, I see Santos reading the bottle. "Eating disorder?" He asks. I stay quiet and take it from him and take it. "I don't understand why you would do something like that to yourself."
    I set my water down. "I'm surprised your not telling me to keep starving myself."
     "I never said you were fat, your like a twig," he tells me. I take out a bangle and take a bite if it. "You don't put anything on it?" He asks.
    "No," I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy.
    "Come with me," he says, walking over to the garage door. I follow him in. He tales his shirt off, exposing his tattoos and muscles. He drops down onto the floor, laying on his stomach. "Sit on my back," he tells me.
    "Won't that hurt you?" I ask. He shrugs. I set my bangle down on the counter and sit in his back with my legs crossed Indian style. He lifts up, doing push ups.
    "You really do need to start eating more," he says, not stopping. I place my hands on his shoulder blades to steady myself. He stops after twenty. I get off of him and grab my bagel again. "Have you started that book?" He asks.
    "Not yet," I answer. He jumps up and grabs onto a piece of thick wood, starting to do pull ups.
    "I can say that it's very cliche," he says. I don't say anything. He jumps down and stretches out his arms. "Are you down talking now?"
    "Sorry," I say, not she what to say. He leans on the counter next to me. I go to step back but he grabs my arm.
  "Are you wearing contacts?" He asks.
   "Depends on the type. These help me see, they don't change my eye color," I  tell him. He moves a piece of my hair. "Is there a reason why your suddenly being relatively nice to me?"
    "I don't know," he says, standing up and getting I front of me, leaning in close. His lips brush against my cheek, making me feel uncomfortable. If feels like I'm younger again and have no control of the situation.
    His hands trail down my wait and to my thighs, pulling me against him. I push in his chest, making him stumble back. "No!" I say firmly before running into the bathroom.
    My heart is hammering on my chest. All the times in was touched inappropriately and had to do things came back to me. I run my hands through my hair and sit in the corner next to the bath.
    The door opens, making me jump. My foster dad rushes to me and squats down in front of me. "Are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head.
     "Pa-panic attack," I answer. Its nothing new for me to get these. I have a medication for it that I stopped taking cause it made me feel weird. He takes my hands and leads me out of the bathroom and to the couch. 
     Santos walks in from the garage, still shirtless and looks at me in shock. "Can you go get Marcus for me?" My dad asks him.
    "I don't think that's a good idea. He has the flu," he lies, walking over. "Is there anything I can do?" He asks.
    "Can you stay here with her while I go get her medicine?" He nods and sits down when my father gets up and walks into the kitchen. I move away from Santos.
    "I don't know what I did wrong. What happ-"
     "Stop talking. Please, your only making it worse," I say. My dad runs out and gives me the medicine and water. "Thank you," I say.
    "I have to get to work," he says. "Call if you need anything or something happens. You, take care of her until Venus wakes up," he says.
    "Yes, sir." The door shuts behind my dad. I'm already starting g to calm down. "You okay?" He asks.
    "Yeah, I'm sorry for snapping. It isn't your fault at all," I say. He seems to relax. My eyes travel down his naked chest.
     "Like what you see?" He asks with a cocky grin. I roll my eyes and close them, starting to feel tired because of the pills.
     ××××××××
            Santos's POV
    Her head falls onto my lap as she falls asleep. I rest my hand on her waist, closing my eyes. My legs start to cramp, but I don't want to wake her by getting up.
    Instead I gently take my kegs out from under her head and lay down my side so she's facing me. One move and my lips would be on hers.   
     What the hell am I thinking? I don't know where this sudden change has come from. I run my hand through her light brown hair close my eyes again, my forehead pressed against hers.
    She's like an angel, but her wings are broken.

AN: Hehehe. I will say that they won't get together fast, they start out as friends so don't expect any thing too soon. Comment something you want to happen and a side of him you want​ to see!!! Share!! Stay alive |-/      -Veah