Chapter 23

Davids pov

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Liza. I honestly thought I'd never see her again.

But here I am driving down the streets, sitting next to her.

Except it's filled with awkward silence.

"So how was Julia?" Asks Liza.

"Uhh I don't know she was nice," I say.

Liza nods and looks out the window.

"How was your old school?" I ask.

She shrugs. We pull up at her house, "we'll see ya," I say.

I watch as she unbuckles, I look at her with and get a wave of sadness. I don't think we'll be like we used to be.

Suddenly she turns to me and hugs me, "thanks for driving me," she says looking into my eyes.

"Your welcome," I say leaning closer and then we're kissing and it's the best feeling I've felt in ages. I wrap my arms around her as she pulls away for breathe.

Then She leaves without another word and I drive home. Maybe everything will be the same

-the next day-

I arrive at school feeling the happiest I have been in a long time.

"Wow Davids actually smiling for once," says Dom.

I ignore him and sit down.

"What has caused your mood to change all of a sudden?" Asks Scotty.

"I missed someone," I say, feeling uncomfortable I didn't wanna talk about it.

"Liza." Says Alex.

"Yea whatever," I say shrugging.

"Now Scotty can go back to being the sad one," says tøddy laughing.

I roll my eyes then notice Liza walking into the school.

"Gotta go bye," I say.

"What the hell the first time you act normal you leave," says Zane rolling his eyes.

"Yea are you even our friend or what," says Heath angrily.

"Sorry guys, talk later," I say starting to walk away quickly I didn't wanna miss Liza.

Then I feel someone grab my shirt.

"No David, you hasn't spoken to us for months. You just sit there and ignore us, like your using us or something! And as soon as your stupid girlfriend comes back you ditch us," says Jason.

"You guys just wouldn't understand and u never listen oh also fuck off jason honestly you've been kept down for three years in grade eight u old piece of shit," I say angrily.

"Woooow," says Matt.

"Yep David get out of here and don't come back. Don't come near us and don't speak to us." Says Nik.

"Whatever dwarf," I walk away angrily.

"David!!" I hear a girl voice call after me.

I turn around and see gabbie.

"Fuck off!!" I say.

"I want to talk to you about Liza." She says.

"Be quick."

"I know I've had drama with her before but I want to be friends with her. Could you tell her to meet me at the bathrooms closest to the gym at lunch?" She asks.

"Whatever," I say then go inside. I walk to my locker.

"David dobrik!" I hear someone yell. I'm not in the mood to talk to fans. I rush up to my locker and see Liza is still at hers.

"Liza!" I say.

She turns around and grins.

"David!" She says hugging me tightly.

"How are you today sunshine?" I ask looking at her and smiling, something about her can just brighten my mood in a second.

"I'm good." She says.

"Gabbie said she wants to meet you at the toilets where the gym is at break," I say.

She looks worried.

"Can you come with me?" Liza asks.

"Liza I'm not a girl." I say.

"Please just wait outside. You know what happened last time.." she says.

"Ok I will," I say. I get my books then she grabs my hand and we walk to class early.