Chapter 26

Lizas pov

I walk to my locker and see David at his.
I ignore him as I unlock my locker.

"Liza," he says.

"David."

"Please let me explain." He says.

"David I'm sorry I don't really want to listen," I say sighing.

"Liza...please."

"Fine." I say.

"Can I come to yours this afternoon?" He asks.

"Whatever," I say.

-after school-

I'm heading out of school grounds towards my bus when I hear David calling my name.

"I can drive you," he says.

"Thanks for the offer," I say sarcastically.

"Liza I understand your mad but i need to explain," he says trying to catch up with me as I take two steps at a time.

He unlocks his car and I sit down inside.

"So I'm just a fling to you?" I say looking straight out the window, not bothering to make eye contact.

"No!" He says.

"That's what you said."

"I said it because I didn't want Julia to get mad and tell the whole school I'm a cheater!" He says.

"So you'd rather tell someone I mean basically nothing to you then them to ruin your reputation?" I ask.

"Well.. yeah but that doesn't mean
I still don't care about you Liza. I lied to her to save myself but I didn't think about if I hurt you and I'm an idiot please forgive me. Please." He says.

"I'll think about it," I say. Then I turn on the radio.

"So am I still coming to your house?" He asks.

"If you want," I shrug.

We pull into my driveway and I go inside and he follows me like a lost puppy.

I go upstairs to my room and he comes in. I lock the door and lay on my bed and go on my phone. David stands in the middle of the room awkwardly, looking around.

"So have you thought about it?" David asks.

I sit up straight and pretend to think.

"I love you to much to not forgive you." I say quietly.

There's silence so I look up to see if he's still there. He's looking at the ground and smiling.

"Aww you've gone pink," I say.

"Liza... do you really love me?" He asks.