Chapter 2

Belle bid her father farewell and watched as he rode off. When he was far from her sight, she decided to do that laundry but in a different way. She took another horse, a barrel, rope, soap, and the laundry and went to the well. She placed both the soap and the laundry in the barrel and filled it up with water. With the rope tied on the barrel and the horse, she made the horse walk around.

Brilliant, she thought.

At the mere mention of that word, her head began to hurt and a voice of someone saying that to her played in her mind. She sat down and waited for her headache to pass. When it did, she opened her book and started reading again.

After a little while, a little girl asked what she was doing. Belle simply replied that she was doing the laundry then she beckoned the little girl to come. Belle was glad when the girl went to her side, she saw that the girl was holding a book in her hand. She asked Belle to teach her to read and Belle was very glad that someone will be able to enjoy the art of reading.

While she was teaching the girl how to read, the headmaster saw and was outraged. He didn't want another girl learning how to read since he thinks that one was trouble enough. In order to stop Belle and teach her a lesson, her laundry was thrown into the ground. Belle was only left to pick them back while the townspeople just stared at her.

Lefou saw the commotion and searched for Gaston, thinking that this was the perfect moment for a hero for Belle. He found Gaston admiring himself by the mirror. Gaston was too late to help Belle but he found her by her house and decided to try to life her spirits by talking to her.

"Belle, I heard you had trouble with the headmaster, never liked me either," Belle wasn't in the mood for Gaston and locked him out of the gate but Gaston wasn't going to give up. "Can I give you a little advice about the village though," he said walking towards the part of the garden where he can easily walk through. He was able to walk inside the garden but ruined some lettuces along the way. "They're never going to trust the type of change you're trying to bring."

"All I wanted was to teach a child to read," Belle huffed.

"The only children you should concern yourself with are your own."

Belle looked at him and knew where this conversation was going. "I'm," she tried to escape but he blocked her. "Not ready to have children," she walked to her door.

"Maybe you haven't met the right man," Gaston said.

"It's a small village Gaston, I've met them all." Belle locked him outside of the second gate but Gaston just walked in.

"Well maybe you should take another look. Some of us have changed."

"Gaston, we could never make each other happy. No one can change that much."

"Oh Belle, do you know what happens to spinsters in this village after their fathers die? They beg for scraps. This is our world Belle. For simple folk like us, it doesn't get any better."

"I like to be a farm girl but I am not simple," Belle opened her door and slowly went inside. "And I'm never going to marry you Gaston. I'm sorry," she closed the door with Gaston outside feeling rejected.

"Can you imagine? Me? The wife of that boorish, brainless," she huffed. "Madame Gaston. Can't you just see it?" She mocked. "Madame Gaston. His little wife. UGH! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it. There must be more than this provincial life."

She felt the wind greet her as she ran away from the village. She ran until she reached the top of the hill. There she can see the a never ending forest. A world that's filled with adventures.

"I want adventure in the great, wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell," she wished. Now a different wish came to her mind. "And for once it might be grand, to have someone understand. I want so much more than they've got planned."

-

While Belle was tending to the lettuces that Gaston stepped on, her horse Philipe ran towards her. She was that neither her father nor the wagon was still there. She got worried and rode Philipe to the road her father used.

When she was already at the dark and snowing part of the woods, she saw her father's wagon on the road. It was broken and shattered. Belle felt a twinge of fright but her determination to find her father was stronger than her fear, so she kept forward. Belle wondered how this part of the forest was filled with snow but it was no where near winter.

When Belle was getting closer to her father, she saw a castle standing in the middle of the woods. She would've stopped and admired it but questions where her father was, was running in her head. She went towards the castle and walked through the staircase heading inside armed with only a stick. She felt a strong feeling that her father was here.

Belle opened the door and saw a dark and seemingly empty castle. As she took small steps inside, she thought she heard voices. She turned her head and saw a candelabra and a clock. She heard coughing and knew it was her father. She took the candle stand and followed the echoes of her father's cough. She ran and ran until she found herself at a circular stairway going to the tower.

There she heard her father's voice. She ran and saw that her father was caged inside. She kneeled down in front of him, relieved that her father was alive.

"Belle! How did you find me?"

"Your hands are ice," Belle said. "We need to get you home."

"No! You must leave at once," her father whispered. "This castle is alive! Now go before he finds you?"

"Who?"

Maurice wanted to force his daughter to leave without him but then he was shut up with fear when the master of the castle came a roar. Belle too was scared out of her mind but she tried to stay strong. Because of the darkness of the castle, she couldn't see who came.

"Who's there? Who are you?" Belle asked.

"Who are you?" A voice in the shadows said.

"I've come for my father!" Belle said.

Footsteps were heard coming closer and closer towards Belle. "Your father is a thief!" The voice snapped at her.

"Liar!" Belle exclaimed.

"He stole a rose," the voice replied.

"I asked for the rose. Punish me not him," Belle begged.

"Belle," her father said. "He means forever. Apparently that's what happens around here when you pick a flower!"

"A life sentence for a rose!" Belle exclaimed. A roar echoed through the walls.

"I received eternal damnation for one, and I'm merely locking him away," the voice said. "Now, do you still wish to take your father's place?"

Before Belle was going to make her decision, she wanted to see her captor. "Come into the light."

The owner of the voice seemed to be reluctant on showing himself to the beautiful girl in front of him. Belle was a little impatient and took the candelabra and placed in front of him. She was shocked at what she saw. What she saw wasn't a human.

He was a beast.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade