Chapter 4

When night fell, Belle was trying to find a way to escape while Gaston was at the town bar with Lefou sulking because Belle rejected him.

"Picture it Lefou. Rustic cabin. My latest kill roasting on the fire. Adorable children running around as my love rubs my tired feet. Then what does Belle say, 'I will never marry you Gaston.'"

Gaston felt his heart get heavier as he remembered the moment Belle rejected him. He's loved her all of his life. Dreaming of the day they'll become one but all those dreams have been crushed with what she said earlier.

"You know there are other girls," Lefou pointed at the girls who were admiring Gaston. He was trying to get his friend to feel better but nothing seems to be working.

Gaston scoffed at the sight of those girls who were ready to drop their panties whenever he asks. He wanted someone like Belle since she's not like the other girls. "A great hunter doesn't waste his time on rabbits."

"Gosh it disturbs me to see you Gaston, looking so down in the dumps. Every guy here wants to be you Gaston. Even when taking your lumps. There's no man in town as admired as you. You're everyone's favorite guy," Lefou praised his friend.

"Everyone's awed and inspired by you and it's not very hard to see why. No one's slick as Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston. No one's next as incredibly thick as Gaston. For there's no man in town half as manly."

"Perfect. As pure paragon," the girls agreed.

Gaston smiled smugly at the praise he was getting.

"You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley. And they'll tell you who's team they prefer to be on. Who plays."

"Darts like Gaston," the men joined in

"Who breaks."

"Heart like Gaston."

"Who's much more as a sum of his parts like Gaston?"

"As a specimen, yes I'm intimidating," Gaston bragged.

"My what a guy that Gaston!" Everyone in the bar said.

"I needed encouragement. Thank you Lefou," Gaston stood up and thanked his friend.

"Well there's no one as easy to bolster as you."

Now everyone in the bar joined in. "No one fights like Gaston. Douses lights like Gaston."

"In a wrestling match nobody bites like Gaston," Lefou said.

Gaston felt so good that he wanted to show everyone how he hunts. "When I hunt, I sneak up with my quiver. An beasts of the woods say a prayer. First I carefully aim for the liver. Then I shoot from behind."

"Is that fair?" Lefou asked.

"I don't care."

"No one hits like Gaston. Matches wits like Gaston."

"In a spitting match nobody spits like Gaston," Lefou bragged.

"I'm especially good at expectorating." Gaston began to spit and it was able to land at the barrel that Lefou was holding.

"TEN POINTS FOR GASTON!" Everyone cheered.

"Thank you," Gaston bowed. "When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large. Now that I'm grown, I eat five dozen eggs. So I'm roughly the size of a barge."

In Gaston's left shoulder a lady was sitting and in the other was Lefou. Everyone cheered again at how strong Gaston was especially that girls who were about to faint. Then to the amusement of everyone, especially the women, a sword fight was held leading to Gaston winning.

"Who has brains," Lefou started.

"Like Gaston!" Everyone continued.

"Entertains."

"Like Gaston!"

"Who can make up these endless refrains like Gaston," Gaston bragged. "I use antlers in all of my decorating!"

"Say it again! Who's the man of all men? Who's the super success? Don't you know? Can't you guess? Ask his fans and his five hangers on. There's just one guy in town who's got all of it down!"

"And his name's G A S T," Lefou paused and thought for a moment. "I believe there's another T. It just occurred to me, that I'm illiterate and I've never actually had to spell it out loud before."

"Gaston!" Everyone said.

Everyone cheered and began to drink their drinks and do what they were doing again. Now, all thanks to Lefou, Gaston was now back to his cheery old self.

"Lefou you're the best," Gaston now praised his friend. "How is it that no girl has snatched you up yet?" He wondered.

"I've been told I'm clingy but I really don't get it," Lefou replied.

"Oh."

Gaston then started to think of ways to woo Belle because his courage grew again. While he was thinking, a man ran inside the bar asking for help. It wasn't long before everyone attention was on him now. Gaston looked at the man and saw that it was Belle's father, Maurice.

He was ranting all about how Belle was locked in a dungeon with a beast as her captor. Some of the people rolled their eyes and laughed since they always thought that he was crazy while some stayed quiet because they wanted to see where this story was going. When people asked Maurice where Belle and the Beast were, he replied by saying they were at a castle which is hidden in the woods where it's already winter.

"Winter in June?" One of the townspeople said in disbelief. Everyone then laughed at Maurice and called him crazy.

"Listen to me!" He yelled. He was so desperate to save his daughter that he was ready to beg to whoever so that they'll help. "The beast is real," the tow people just replied with laughter. They still thought that he was crazy. "Don't you understand?"

"Will no one help me?" Maurice looked around the bar and saw that people were just looking at him with unbelieving eyes.

"I'll help Maurice."

Maurice turned to see Gaston walk up to him. Now it was he who was filled with unbelief.

"You will?"

"Everybody stop making fun of this man at once," Gaston said.

"Captain thank you," Maurice said.

He was so happy that Gaston decided to help him. With Gaston's experience in the war, he was a great help with rescuing Belle.

"Don't thank me Maurice. Lead us to the beast."

Maurice set out and prepared his things while Gaston sent Lefou a look which explained why he was doing this.

Before Lefou could leave the bar, he had to pay everyone to who praised Gaston with him. When Lefou finally paid everyone, he left the bar with his pockets empty.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade