Chapter 3

The sight of the creature before her got Belle frightened. She's never seen someone like him but only read about them in her books. Their endings were always that they were caged or defeated, they were always the bad guy. As Belle stared into the creature in front of her, even if it's only for a little while, she saw that he didn't look like the bad guy in this story.

"Choose," he said, snapping Belle out of her thoughts.

"Belle I won't let you do this," her father said. "I lost your mother. I won't to lose you too. Now go. Go," he coughed.

Belle stared at her father with the decision in her head. She didn't want her father to lose her but she also didn't want him to get sicker. Either way, she will never see her father again.

"Alright Papa I'll leave," Belle said. She faced the beast with tears in her eyes. "I need a minute alone with him." The beast scoffed and was about to leave. "Are you so cold-hearted that you won't allow a daughter kiss her father goodbye," the beast stopped. "Forever can spare a minute," she snapped at him.

The beast turned around and Belle looked at him with hope in her eyes. The beast held the handle for the door and opened it.

"When this door closes, it will not open again!" He threatened and left both father and daughter to say goodbye.

Belle didn't waste a second and hugged her father tightly. She didn't want to let go, knowing that this is their last moment together. "I should've been with you," she sobbed.

"No Belle listen to me. It's alright. Now go, live your life and forget me."

"Forget you?" Belle was shocked. "Everything I am is because of you."

"I love you Belle," her father said, eyes misting. "Don't forget that."

"I love you too Papa," Belle said. "I'm not afraid," she hugged him very tightly and whispered to his ear, "And I will escape I promise."

Her father was confused but before he could do anything to stop Belle from continuing her plan, she pushed him away and locked the doors. The door was in between them once again but now Belle was trapped while her father was the one free. Little did they know, the beast was watching and was shocked by Belle's actions.

"You took his place."

"He's my father," Belle argued.

"He's a fool and so are you!"

Belle watched as her father was being dragged away from her. Her father told her that he would find her and free her and all Belle could do was hope. Hope that those weren't just empty words and that one day, she would be able to escape from this castle. She would be able to escape from her captor.

-

When her father was already far away from the castle, Belle sat down on the cold hard floor and cried. She cried because she would never see her father again, she would be trapped forever with a beast and that she would never go home again. She tried so hard to stay strong earlier and now since there wasn't a reason to do that, she let herself break down.

Belle looked outside her balcony and saw that it was already nightfall. There wasn't really anything for her to use to make herself a bed. She just tried to make herself comfortable on the cold floor. Before she could go to sleep, she heard a creak and the door opened again. Belle stood up, out of fear or facing him again.

"Forgive my intrusion Mademoiselle but I have come to escort you to your room."

The voice was different from the beast's and Belle was now curious on who was on the other side. She didn't see anyone while she was inside but she did remember that she heard voices. She took the stool that was inside the dungeon and held it tightly for her protection. She was ready to hit whoever was there.