✨ Part 1✨

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," the blond youth mumbled under a heavy sigh as he trudged along a shaded path of pine and trodden leaves. He had already been walking for almost half a mile and he was now barely approaching his destination, duffle bag in hand. The air was humid, making his clothing stick to him uncomfortably with each passing step.

I guess anything is better than where I was... Bright blue eyes scanned the green landscape that was Konoha Academy; it stretched around the tall and impressive brick buildings of the main campus and was inhabited by large oak trees that grew just at the edge of the fresh cut grass. They weren't kidding when they said that this school was hidden in the leaves. The smooth path soon split in two more directions just 50 yards from the main gate; he assumed that they led to the girls' and boys' dorms, but he could not see past the undergrove in either direction. Few students walked about the campus, only a handful in their uniforms which made him grateful for showing up on a day where he wouldn't stick out so much.

As he approached the open iron gates he couldn't help but feel a nagging sense of dread take over when he realized that there really was no going back beyond this point. Naruto Uzumaki had come here at the persistence of a kind man who supposedly worked at the school; a part of him knew that he should have been grateful for his kindness but he already felt out of place, as if he were stranded on a different planet. Who was I kidding for coming here? I can't do this... How was he supposed to blend in when he had no right to be there?l

"Move." A cold demand came from behind him and he whirled around in surprise, hoping to sidestep out of their path.

"Sorr – OOWW!" Naruto yelped as the two boys collided and fell back from each other with grunts of pain. He groaned as a hand came over his forehead where the main impact practically head-butted him to the ground.

"What's your problem? Was it too difficult to step out of my way and not into it?" The other boy growled with an intense glare and Naruto immediately felt a surge of hostility.

"Have you ever thought of just walking around me and being less of a jerk about it?" He retorted defensively as he rubbed his forehead. He sat up slowly with a snarl, his anger was only provoked by the stranger's harsh words.

The boy's black hues remained heated with annoyance as he stood to wipe the dust from his uniform. He seemed more aggravated that his papers, bag, and a black case were now covered in dirt. Long choppy black hair fell in front of his pale face and Naruto could see some short spikes towards the back of his head. Every feature on his face, from his smoldering charcoal eyes, a well defined jaw line, to his visibly smooth ivory skin, was almost unbelievably perfect. Naruto took a brief moment to look him over once more, discerning whether or not the boy before him was, indeed, real. His eyes came back up to meet the fierce stare that instinctively made him flinch. His expression alone was malicious enough to make Naruto regret ever stepping into his way.

"What's with that look? Don't tell me you've forgotten how to speak." The other boy spoke first, his brows furrowing further into a more noticeable scowl.

"Shut up! What's with your persistence on trying to make me feel incompetent?"

"There's nothing wrong with feeling what you are."

"Excuse me?!" Naruto jumped to his feet, enraged,

"Oh? It seems as though I have overestimated your intelligence," The boy continued almost mechanically, "You're clumsy, incompetent, and deaf?"

"Okay you pretentious—"

"Saaaasuuuuke!"

The raven-haired boy, apparently Sasuke, rolled his eyes at the shrill sound, making his irritation much more noticeable than before. Naruto looked over his shoulder to see two girls running, or possibly racing, towards them. There was a blonde with a long ponytail flowing and a girl with pink hair that reached just past her shoulders. The blonde reached them first with a triumphant cheer almost knocking Sasuke over once again.