• Part 13 •

The Uchiha sighed with a roll of his eyes. "You have history with Iruka-sensei next, correct?"

"Yeah," he answered, feeling a bit more alert. How did he remember that?

The bell rang, making Naruto jump. Sasuke put his own quiz and textbook in his bag before beckoning for the blond to stand. "I'll walk you there. I don't think you can be trusted around stairs," he stated with a familiar smirk.

"Shut up, asshole! I don't need your help!" he snapped.

"Can you two go three days without giving me a headache?" Neji sighed as he approached them.

Naruto forced a smile in order to appease the disgruntled Hyuuga. "I was kidding of course! Right, Sasuke?" The older boy looked at him guardedly before giving a short nod. "He was actually going to walk with me to my next class," he added nervously. "No trouble here!"

Neji raised a brow with an inquisitive look to Sasuke. "Is he now?"

Sasuke glared at him irately while clenching a fist at his side while grabbing the blond with the other hand. "Let's go."

Again, Naruto was left feeling as if he had just missed something but was too busy trying to keep up to dwell on it. "Seriously, what the hell is going on between you two?" He asked as he pulled his arm away.

"Nothing that is any concern of yours."

"But... I just don't understand what you could possibly hate about Neji."

"What's there to like?" the Uchiha spat bitterly as they shuffled down the stairs.

"Well, I know he can come off as uncaring or indifferent, but when you spend more time with him you realize that he's actually a genuinely good guy. I just don't know why he hides it." He paused thoughtfully to glance at Sasuke who was now glowering at him. I think I missed something again.

"I don't think anyone who holds him in such high esteem would understand."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" he shot back, offended by the scornful tone.

"This conversation doesn't interest me," Sasuke replied, maintaining a cold expression.

"Whatever," Naruto grouched as he folded his arms crossly. His head was starting to feel weightless as his body heat only continued to rise. He closed his eyes, hoping to regain his focus while feeling the world shift.

"Hey!" Sasuke's shout made his eyes shoot open as he stumbled off the steps, only to be caught by the raven's arm wrapping around his waist. "Idiot! Stop falling all over the damn place!"

Why did this always happen around him? What was that annoying feeling that made him lose track of his thoughts and allow him to become completely captivated by him? I want it to stop!

"Naruto?" Shikamaru called out from down the hall as he rushed to his side. "What happened?"

"I'm just not feeling like myself right now..." Ain't that the fucking truth!

"I got him. Thanks Sasuke," Shikamaru nodded to the senior before supporting most of Naruto's weight and leading him to the classroom. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I have to be," he mumbled. "It's bad enough I deal with the humility from Neji and Sasuke; I just want to survive the day."

"Those boys have plenty of issues of their own. You can't blame them for taking it out on the only person who stirs any kind of reaction from them."

"What does that mean?" He inquired as they took their seats, still having ten minutes before class started.

"Neji and Sasuke are the geniuses of the school, they both come from important families that hold incredible influence as corporations, and do exceedingly well in everything they do. Then, you show up and everybody starts to see slight, but noticeable, differences in their behavior, especially when you're around."