✨ Part 9 ✨

The buzzing continued ceaselessly making tired blue eyes open in instantaneous rage. There was going to be no such thing as a pleasant morning for him, was there? He sat up immediately glaring back at the clock that flashed the time 6:50AM.

"AGAIN?!"He shouted as he threw the clock across the room, hearing the satisfying sound of something breaking.

"You were letting it go off for quite a while, but I didn't think you'd get that mad at it." His eyes darted to the kitchen where he saw Sasuke leaning against a counter with an amused expression.

"What are you doing here?" he stumbled over his words in an attempt to force coherent thought upon just waking up. "Shouldn't you be gone?"

Sasuke stared at him, puzzled, as if he should have automatically known the answer to that. "I'm waiting for you to get up."

"Why?" he couldn't keep the blatant disbelief from his voice.

Sasuke recovered his cruel expression with a snarl, "Don't sound so grateful. I let you get more rest and you act as if I shot you."

Naruto couldn't help but chortle cynically. Sasuke raised a brow at the blond in confusion before Naruto was able to regain his self-control. "It's funny. You expect me to believe that you stayed here and missed your first class for me?"

"Your point?"

Oh god he was serious?! Sasuke had missed a class, the cause of their fight in the beginning, to make sure he was okay? Naruto shook his head vigorously, feeling a faint dizzy sensation the more he thought about it. "Oh..."

"You're not good with 'thank you' are you?"

He ran his hand over his forehead feeling only a dull pain as it came in contact with the small abrasion. He closed his eyes trying to recall as much as he could of yesterday.

Classes... Detention... Sasuke... Itachi... Stairs... Neji...

"I just... Need to know I'm not alone right now."

He couldn't suppress a embarrassed gasp as his face became more flushed. He did say that, didn't he? In a moment of weakness where he hadn't even been himself he said something a bit too honest for his liking.

"S-sorry," he stammered clumsily as he stood from the bed. "I'm just a little confused."

"I suppose that's appropriate," Sasuke mused as he walked to him with a glass of orange juice. "Drink it. It's not breakfast, but at least it's something."

He grasped the cup with both hands, looking at it suspiciously. "Thanks," he mumbled before chugging it down.

"You're welcome," Sasuke replied with a sly smile.

Naruto took in a gulp before handing the glass back. "What did you do to it?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you smiling like that?"

"To make you ask questions," he taunted before walking back to the kitchen.

He couldn't stop the redness that crept against his cheeks as he clenched his fists. "Stop using my comebacks against me!"

"I'm simply giving them back to you," the raven said almost mischievously. "Get ready, I won't wait all day."

"Yes, your highness."

It was only his second day of school, but he never imagined that Sasuke would be walking with him to class. He fidgeted uncertainly with the strap of his bag as he tried desperately to think of something to say.