1.

I think it's the way her eyes glimmer under the sun or how she chews on her lip when concentrating. I don't watch her, I just observe curiously. All the guys like her. Fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if they all loved her; she'd own all their hearts without even knowing it. The girls envy her: her smile, her long dark hair, her angelic features. She's - dear I say it - fucking beautiful.

"Wipe the drool off your damn chin and go talk to her." I frown at the red head beside me.

"Fuck off."

"You better move your ass otherwise I'll take the spot. Come on fucker, I'm being generous here." He slaps the back of my head and shoves me off my seat. I stand and straighten myself up, striding over to her in just a few steps. Her friends give me looks of disgust and confusion however I take the seat beside her and ignore the usual looks. It's nothing new, nobody wants to be associated with me.

"Um hi." She smiles kindly.

Fuck. "You're new here, aren't you?"

She giggles. "Yes I moved just a few days ago from Chicago. I'm Sylvie, it's nice to meet you," She offers me a hand shake. I take her small hand in my own and shake it briefly, she looks down at my tattooed hands and smiles brightly. "I like your tattoos, I have one of my own. See," She pushes her long dark hair off of her left shoulder and reveals an outline of a heart on her neck just below her ear. It's dainty and cute, it suits her. I can't help but wonder if it's her sweet spot; I hope to find out.

I nod my head as she fixes her hair back onto her shoulders, covering her neck again. "I got it last year for my birthday, it's for my sister. Anyways I'm blabbering on and I haven't even asked your name." She places her hand on her forehead and chuckles. She's embarrassed, I observe.

"I'm Phoenix."

"Cool name, rare too." She tucks her hair behind her ear and glances back at her group friends who are looking at her weirdly. I understand why; all the girls love the football team or basketballers, nobody likes the bad boys. Something clicks in her head, making a smirk appear on her pretty pink lips. "Ah, Phoenix," she leans closer until I can smell her perfume. "They've warned me to stay away from you, the bad boy." She whispers.

"Of course they have." I scoff bitterly, flashing them all a harsh look to make them look away and continue on with their pathetic lives. I'm here for Sylvie and Sylvie only.

"I don't take no notice, I don't think they're my type of girls anyways," She'd be right; these girls are stuck up and bitchy, Sylvie's but a rose among them. "So, bad boy. Where's the look to match? The leather jacket and Danny Zuko hairdo?" She giggles.

I roll my eyes and fix my denim jacket comfortably. "I don't like leather jackets, they're fucking stupid." She shrugs her shoulders and turns back to her food, taking a bite of her bagel.

"Fair enough, everybody has their own style,"

She wipes her mouth clean of crumbs and throws away the wrapper from her bagel. "So, Mr Phoenix, what brings you over to this table?"

"What time is your last class? We could hangout, have a little fun." She raises a brow at me with a light smirk on her lips, creating a small dimple in her left cheek.

"My last is at three, I could meet you outside the art block?"

"See you then, Sylvie."