3.

"Give me your lighter." I hold my hand out to Sylvie and wait. She furrows her brows at me but hands me her lighter without question.

"What are you going to do, Phoenix?" She questions curiously and watches as I reach into my inside pocket and pull out my exam results. They're not my final grades so I don't see the point in having them. She bites her lip. I ignite the flame and hold the corner of the paper to it, smirking as the fire crawls up the page. Sylvie snatches it out of my hand viciously. "Are you crazy, you'll set the fire alarm off you lunatic," She growls and places the small fire under the sole of her worn down converse to put it out. "These are all straight A's, why would you want to burn it? Don't you want to show your parents?"

I scoff. "They don't care, nobody does."

"That's not true Phoenix."

"You don't know." She frowns at me and kicks my leg.

"No maybe not but I care," she makes sure the flame is out before shoving the half burnt piece of paper in her backpack. I laugh at her. "What are you laughing at, idiot?"

I shake my head, dismissing the matter before pushing myself to my feet and dusting the back of my jeans off. For the past few weeks now we've been sitting under the staircase on our lunch hour since there's no free tables in the cafeteria and we don't like anybody in there anyway. "Let's go steal some shit." I suggest. She helps herself up to her feet and grabs her backpack, dusting her jeans off too.

"Like what?"

I open my mouth to suggest something from the dean's office but she beats me to it. "Maybe we should steal a car. That would be so cool." She laughs and grabs my arm, pulling me out from beneath the stairs and towards the exit.

"You'd actually steal a car?" I ask.

"Who says I'm stealing it? You're the bad boy," She teases and stops in front of the main block's parking lot. There's an array of different cars, different colours, different manufacturers and different models. Sylvie lifts her finger and points at the dean's parking spot.

"Steal that one for me Phoenix."