9.

I've been punched many times, kicked, scratched, thrown and stomped on. You name it. But never have I had my heart torn out and savaged to shreds, I'd never given my heart to anybody. But she stole it, just how we stole snacks from the store on numerous occasions. Or the dean's car that we drove around in until we got bored. I got caught a week after that, but they let Sylvie go on the understanding that I forced her into it..though it was her idea.

Anyway, that bitch ripped out my heart and ran away with it.

"You're so fucking hot." A girl, a girl I don't know tells me as she kisses down my stomach to the zip of my jeans. I met her at a bar no more than an hour ago, I wasn't going to go back to her place but she was making it hard for me to say no. I don't even know her name.

Who cares anyway?

After we're finished with eachother I grab my jacket and leave, reaching into my pocket to collect my pack of cigarettes and light one. A week after Sylvie left I bought a pack of cigarettes and tried one, almost as if to remind myself of her, to remember her. No matter how hard I tried though, there was no bringing her back.

This is routine now: find a girl at a bar, go back to her place and once I'm done go back home.

Home. I scoff. I have no home.

Since I was kicked out of college last winter due to inapropriate aggressive behaviour after countless warnings I've been crashing at a friend's place. He's not a friend actually, just a guy I know and has a free couch for me to sleep on. My parents would take me in but I don't want to go back there, I've disappointed them enough without telling them I was kicked out of college. I'd rather couch surf than live under their dictation.

On my way back my attention is caught by a girl. She's about Sylvie's height, with similar long dark hair. She's cold. She's shivering. Her heels are giving her problems..along with the prick following after her. "What'd I do? I'll make it up to you, come on baby." He's drunk but not wasted; whatever he did, he was fully aware of.

She ignores him, folding her arms to keep herself warm. I'm yet to see her face but I can feel my legs walking in their direction across the dark street.

I ask if she's okay and if he's bothering her to which she replies yes. I take care of the situation and tell him to fuck off, after much aggression he finally does. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She follows after me, grabbing onto my shoulder.

"Can I make it up to you? I don't know, buy you a coffee or something?"

"If you're smart you'll go home and forget you ever met me."

She furrows her brows.