12.

Another day, another visit.

But nobody shows.

My parents visit once every other month and I don't exactly have friends so I just have to sit here and wait. I have to endure the tears of broken hearted girlfriends or mothers crying against the glass hoping to be in the arms of their man or son. It's rare to see fathers visiting and when they do they sit in complete silence; like my father does.

Like me everyday.

The buzzer echoes and allows visitors in for half an hour. I keep my head down until somebody takes a seat on the other side of the glass.

Sylvie.

Her hair is longer now. Her eyes dull. Her makeup is messy, it always was but it didn't matter because it was obvious she was beautiful beneath it; she just wasn't very good at doing her makeup. She wears a thick jumper and a coat, I suspect it's cold outside. I wouldn't know because I haven't seen the light of day since the day before last.

Why is she here?

How did she know I was here?

Why did she leave in the first place?

"Why?"

"It's complicated."

"Bullshit," I yell with twisted anger. She flinches but smirks. The guards slap my back as a warning. I adjust my seat and let out a breath of frustration. "Bullshit it's complicated. You got me here. You left without reason knowing what it would do to me. This is all your fucking fault. It's been months, fucking months Sylvie." I speak lowly so only she could hear me.

I hadn't said her name aloud since the last time I saw her, in the college dorms after she turned up with mascara smeared down her cheeks and a story to tell. It hurt to say her name. It felt like a knife through my chest.

"You were getting wrapped up Phoenix. I had to leave, I would have ruined you- I have ruined you. Look at you."

We sit in silence, staring at eachother until I gather the courage to speak again.

"So you couldn't handle the thought of me falling for you so you ran like I had the black fucking plague. Running only made me worse Sylvie," I pause to take a breath in. "The last thing I said to you was I care about you. You called me a fool."

"You are a fool. The biggest fool I know for falling for me."

"I'm sure I'm not the only one," I scoff. "And you didn't help the situ-fucking-ation."

"You curse more now."

"Fuck off Sylvie."