X

"How was your day?"

"How was your day?"

Hoseok thought their conversations were getting better and better each time they met. Usually they'd start really awkward and stiff but it got calmer and more natural now. He was glad that Hyungwon learned how to talk to him.

"It was good", Hyungwon answered quietly, sipping on the straw of his coffee.

At the other table Changkyun, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Jooheon and Hyunwoo were whispering excitedly among themselves.

"It really is Chae Hyungwon!"

"I have a few classes with him."

"How do they know each other?"

Kihyun and Minhyuk began explaining the situation, proud that they were better informed than their friends.

Changkyun was looking between Kihyun and the table, were the two said boys were sitting, with furrowed eyebrows.

"I bet those two will end up together in at least two months!", Jooheon said and Minhyuk nodded in agreement.

"Since when is Wonho gay?", Changkyun asked, now even more confused.

"He isn't", Kihyun smirked, "but look how he looks at the kid."

"I'm gonna ask them!"

"Wait, what?", Kihyun's excited face turned into one of disbelief.

"Minhyuk!", he hissed and everyone else just watched the boy with interest. "What are you doing?"

"Trust me! What kind of amateur do you think I am?"

Hyungwon and Hoseok were still in the middle of their little conversation as Minhyuk appeared next to Hoseok, sitting down.

The blond looked at his friend with a confused gaze. "Minhyuk-ah", Hoseok smiled nervously, "what are you doing here?"

Hyungwon looked uneasy, not really happy to be confronted with an unfamiliar face.

"Hyungwon-ssi", Minhyuk asked, looking directly at the younger and completely ignored Hoseok's threatening stare.

"Is there a chance of you being gay?"

Hyungwon froze in his place, the straw of his coffee still between his lips. Hoseok almost choked on his own saliva and Minhyuk just smirked.

Hoseok looked Hyungwon in the eyes, that were slowly beginning to fill with tears.

"Hyungwon, it's-"

Before Hoseok could finish, the lanky boy stood up and ran out of the café.

"What the fuck Minhyuk?!", Hoseok yelled and pushed his friend out of the booth, trying to get after Hyungwon.

As soon as he got out, he looked up and down the busy street. Hyungwon didn't get very far, Hoseok could see his red coat.

Thanks to him being used to run from one work place to the other, Hoseok was able to catch up quickly.

"Hyungwon wait!", he grabbed the younger by the wrist, turning him around.

"I'm sorry. I- I should've told you", Hyungwon had now tears streaming down his red cheeks and it almost broke Hoseok's heart, "I understand if you don't want to be friends with me a- anymore."

He looked down at his feet again, tears dripping from his chin.

"Pabo! Why did you run out like that? What if a car hit you?", Hoseok burst out, his voice so loud that people started watching them.

Without a second thought Hoseok hugged Hyungwon. The kid was a lot taller, so Hoseok practically forced him to bend down a bit, his wet face in the nape of Hoseok's neck.

Hyungwon froze at first but then wrapped his thin arms around the smaller, hugging him back.

"You have to stop thinking so low about yourself!", Hoseok said, his voice muffled from Hyungwon's jacket.

"We are still friends?", the younger asked surprised, stepping away from Hoseok to look at him.

"Yes of course! I wouldn't stop being friends with you over the simple fact that you are gay. There is nothing wrong with it."

Hyungwon smiled. For once he felt accepted by someone.

Maybe, just maybe, the world wasn't such a bad place after all.

_______

The same night, Hoseok found Minhyuk on their couch again, watching a movie with Kihyun.

Before the obvious boy could react, Hoseok had dragged him from his seat, putting his head in a painful headlock.

"Yah! Hyung, please-", Minhyuk laughed, trying to free himself.

"Trust me! What kind of amateur do you think I am?", Kihyun mocked him, imitating his voice and took a handful of popcorn.

"You should thank me!", Minhyuk tried again, shoving Hoseok a bit and freeing himself. He immediately hid behind the sofa, holding both hands up defensively.

"Why would I thank you? You embarrassed me, scared Hyungwon and made him run out crying!", Hoseok argued.

Kihyun grabbed the next handful of popcorn.

"But now you know that you've got a chance with the kid!", Minhyuk mumbled looking at Kihyun for help. Said boy just shrugged, pulling his legs up.

"I'm not gay! Seriously, how old are you?", with that he went to the bathroom, closing the door with a loud bang.

Minhyuk was dumbfounded and Kihyun just looked disappointed that the show already ended.

"Pabo", he muttered, eating yet another corn.

"You would've done the same if you had the guts!", Minhyuk plopped down next to his friend, stealing a few popcorn from his hand.

"Definitely, but I'm not an amateur."