XX

The group of friends decided to eat lunch outside today as spring was finally on it's way

Kihyun and Hyungwon were sitting together, still eating.

Hyunwoo was doing some school project and Changkyun, Minhyuk and Jooheon were playing some game on the grass field in front of them.

Hoseok had thrown his jacket aside, leaned back on his elbows, enjoying the warm sun with his eyes closed.

Hyungwon couldn't take his eyes off him. The way the light reflected in his hair or how his lips were curled in a slight smile.

Kihyun noticed and nudged the younger. Hyungwon looked up surprised.

The other nodded in Hoseok's direction and smiled cheekily. Hyungwon felt a blush creep up his neck.

"He likes you too, you know", Kihyun whispered and Hyungwon got even more red. What was he talking about? He knew for sure that Hoseok wasn't even interested in guys, let alone someone like Hyungwon.

"Give him some time to admin it to himself."

"What are you whispering there?", Hoseok suddenly got up and took a place beside Hyungwon, casually stealing some of his food.

"N-Nothing Hyung", Hyungwon stuttered and Kihyun just laughed.

"He's a little devil, don't believe him anything", Hoseok muttered with his mouth stuffed.

"And you are a pig, geez. Close your mouth when you talk", Kihyun scrunched up his nose, making Hyungwon chuckle.

Hoseok looked amazed at the younger, happy that he seemed to feel comfortable around Kihyun and the others.

The atmosphere was about to change tho as they heard voices approaching them.

Hoseok noticed how Hyungwon suddenly got stiff and seemed to shrunk in his place.

"Well, well", Jackson's loud voice made Hyungwon jump, "if it isn't the old group all together and you even added a member. Didn't think little Hyungwonie would ever get friends. I'm impressed."

"Chae Hyungwon, looks like you finally found someone to annoy."

"How long will it take for them to realize how boring you are tho?"

Hoseok got up from his place and stood in front of Hyungwon, Kihyun joined him just as quickly. He balled his fists, anger bubbling in his stomach.

Something clicked and finally Hoseok understood what was going on.

"Why so protective Wonho?", Jinyoung laughed, leaning on Yugyeom who was standing next to him with a smug expression on his handsome face.

"What do you want?", Hoseok asked and felt slightly relieved as Hyunwoo and the others stopped their play to join them. They now stood in some sort of circle around Hyungwon.

Hoseok had spoken informal. Jaebum's eyes turned darker.

"I just thought we could play a few rounds. I'd like to see whether you are still a competition to me or not", Jaebum answered and his team grinned. He pointed at the basketball field a few meters away from them.

Kihyun seemed to read something in Hoseok's eyes. He took a step closer to his best friend, grabbing his shoulder. "That's not a good idea."

Hyunwoo sent him a warning look as well but Hoseok felt threatened and that was something he didn't take well.

"Three against three?", Hoseok asked in the same smug tone Jaebum had used.

The red head just smiled, sharing a look with Jackson.

"Not right now. We meet after class. I'm excited to see if you can still do it", Jackson said, turning away, "we'll see you Hyungwonie." Hoseok saw him throwing an unreadable look in Hyungwon's direction and the blonde gritted his teeth.

"We'll be there", Hoseok shouted after them. He felt like there was something more to it than just curiosity towards his basketball skills and he definitely hadn't liked how they had treated Hyungwon.

As soon as the other group was out of sight a tiny hand came into contact with his face.

Kihyun had grabbed Hoseok's cheeks, squishing them together like a pouting fish.

"Are you out or your freaking mind?!", the smaller boy screamed, "since Jaebum got captain the basketball team has won almost all their games!"

Hyunwoo was more serious and not as loud as Kihyun but his words worried Hoseok nonetheless.

"They leave the other teams covered in bruises and injuries as well. It was stupid to agree to that game."

Hoseok took a look at Hyungwon, who had gotten up from his place on the grass. He was still half covered by Minhyuk and Changkyun, who were worriedly talking among themselves.

"They threatened me", he whispered yelled at Hyunwoo and balled his fists. Hoseok had always been competitive when it came to basketball and Jaebum knew that.

"No, they threatened Hyungwon and you just made everything worse by showing how much that effects you!", Kihyun disagreed and gave the blonde one last shove before he grabbed his backpack.

"I can't speak for the others but I won't play against JB."

"Kihyun!", Hoseok yelled after him but he just waved his hand at him without turning back.

Hoseok felt like he needed to prove a point to Jaebum and his group and he definitely wanted to beat the shit out of them for talking bad about Hyungwon.

He felt angered as he realized that people were giving Hyungwon a hard time at school and that they were the reason for the youngers strange behavior.

Hoseok wanted them to stop and if he had to play a few games with them to make them back off, he would.

"C'mon, let's go to class."