XI

The next few weeks went by with Hoseok and Hyungwon becoming even better friends

Hoseok's life changed. His usual routine from going to work, sleep, eat and going to the next shift was now interrupted by his meet ups with Hyungwon.

The kid had warmed up to him, getting more and more comfortable and Hoseok loved the fact that his mind was occupied with Hyungwon more than with his worry about how shitty his life went.

Something was wrong tho, something Hoseok didn't want to admin.

"Wonho", Kihyun said one morning.

Hoseok looked up from his coffee, still sleepy as it was early in the morning. Kihyun, different to his other friends, usually called him by his nickname when he wanted to talk about something serious.

Kihyun sat down in front of him. The two making a strange pair with Kihyun already dressed and ready for school and Hoseok still in his pyjamas.

"When was the last time you slept for a whole night?"

Hoseok furrowed his brows, not really understanding.

"What do you mean? I sleep every night, I-", Kihyun shook his head, interrupting his friend.

"Don't give me that bullshit. I can see the dark bags under your eyes. What does Hyungwon say when he see's you like this on your meet up's?"

"Look Kihyun-"

"Do you want to explain this? Did Minhyuk give it to you?", he held a bottle of foundation in the air, waving it in front of his face.

"It's not a big deal. I work a lot and-", Hoseok rolled his eyes, getting annoyed with Kihyun's behavior.

"It is a big deal. If you continue like that you'll get sick one day!", Kihyun argued, "why won't you tell me about all the money you hide in-"

"You know about that?"

"Well Pabo I am living with you!"

Hoseok got angry now. Not at Kihyun but at himself. He should've been more careful.

"I can't, ok?", he got up, slamming his cup on the table loudly and Kihyun jumped in his seat surprised.

"I knew you were hiding something from me all this time but never said anything because you seemed to handle it well. I can see you falling apart now, why won't you let me help you?"

Hoseok, you should make a decision soon. The medical circumstances forced us to give your Mom new medication. I don't think you will be able to afford them. Please, think about this. The chances of your Mother waking up are at almost zero percent-

The boy could hear Doctor Moon's talk from last week in his ears as if the man stood right next to him.

"I have to deal with this alone. It's family business."

That made his friend shut up. Hoseok didn't dare to look at Kihyun. He knew that the redhead considered him family as well and Hoseok had told Kihyun more than once how he saw him as his brother.

The look he knew Kihyun had on his face right now would've killed him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything", Kihyun mumbled and without looking up Hoseok knew that his friend left.

______

"What's wrong Hoseok?"

After a couple of hours watching some drama, Hyungwon finally asked him.

Hoseok had arrived at Hyungwon's place only a few hours after his fight with Kihyun and a visit to the hospital.

For a usually bright kid like Hoseok it was hard not to notice the change in his behavior.
He talked less and avoided eye contact.

They were sitting on the couch, a black and white polka dotted blanked around them and a bowl of popcorn in between.

Hoseok had his head leaned against the back of the couch, now looking over to Hyungwon. The younger had a frown on his lips and worry in his eyes.

"Nothing. I'm just tired", that wasn't even a lie, Hoseok usually felt tired lately.

Hyungwon sat up straight. "You are lying", he stated, now pouting. He knew how much Hoseok hated when he did that.

"Stop", Hoseok pleaded, "I really don't want to talk about it. Can we just sit here and like ... do nothing?"

Hyungwon nodded. He didn't like it but didn't say anything. The younger slumped down in his place again, snuggling in his blanket.

Hoseok took a deep breath.

He felt tired to the point where he couldn't think or didn't want to. Everything going on was slowly drowning him and he didn't know how to solve this problem.

He just wanted to feel something. Something different than this.

"Hyungwon?", the younger just hummed in response, still sulking a bit.

"Can we cuddle?"

It was silent on his other side and Hoseok feared that he went a bit too far. Hyungwon tolerated little skinship with him now but cuddling was on a whole different level.

He was about to apologize when Hyungwon grabbed the popcorn bowl and placed it on the floor, only to scoop over.

Hoseok felt his thin body press against his side, a head suddenly resting on his chest.

He froze for a second before he wrapped his arms around Hyungwon, resting his own head on the younger.

"Thank you", he whispered, closing his eyes.