XXII

Hoseok heard someone yell 'start' and darted in the direction of the ball

What he didn't know was how Jackson ran right beside him, sticking his elbow out. Hoseok fell behind with a yelp of pain as he hit him.

"I told you!", Kihyun yelled in his direction and pointed at Jackson.

Hyunwoo had grabbed the ball from Mark successfully, running as fast as possible in the direction of the net.

Hoseok ran with them, trying to figure out a way to play around Jaebum who towered before them now.

"Hyung!", he yelled, waving at Hyunwoo.

The older took a glance at Hoseok before he threw the ball in his direction.

As soon as the ball touched his hands, Hoseok darted around Jackson who tried to dodge him. But Hoseok knew that would happen, so he made a few small steps, confusing Jaebum as to where we'd go next.

Kihyun already stood under the net, waiting for Hoseok and he passed the ball. The shorter boy grabbed it successfully, jumping in the air and scoring.

Hoseok let out a shaky laugh, feeling how the nervousness washed away a bit.

Jaebum gritted his teeth, giving Jackson a meaningful look.

No one saw their exchange, except Kihyun.

The smaller boy got alarmed but couldn't warn anyone because the ball was already back in the game and Mark was on his way to the opposite of the field.

"Hoseok!", Kihyun yelled as he saw Jackson approaching his friend from behind, almost unnoticeable stepping on Hoseok's right foot.

Hoseok went down rather harshly, landing on his arm and scraping it.

"Yah! That was unfair!", his anger blocked any signs of hurt and Hoseok jumped up from the ground.

Kihyun reached him in time to hold him back.

"Do you see any judges here?", Jackson asked, waving his hand around the students who were watching the game eagerly.

"It's not worth it", Hyunwoo said, breathing hard.

"Are you alright?", Kihyun asked, looking down at Hoseok's bleeding arm.

"I'm alright", he mumbled.

"Can we continue?!"