XII

Hoseok woke in the middle of the night, his phone's lockscreen lit up the room

Just as he wanted to lean over to the little table and see who wrote him this late, Hoseok noticed a weight on his chest.

Looking down he remembered last night. He must've fallen asleep with Hyungwon cuddled up against him. The younger had his head still on Hoseok's shoulder, his parted lips almost against his exposed neck. Hoseok felt his ears getting hot and his breath hitch as he noticed.

The same thoughts that haunted him for weeks now came back. What if he was indeed gay? Hyungwon was supposed to be his friend, like Kihyun, but Hoseok had never been that close to Kihyun before, sure they hugged and messed around but he had never thought about cuddling with him.

Hoseok had never felt that way towards a boy before. Heck, he hadn't felt like this towards anyone.

When he looked down at Hyungwon's face he couldn't stop but admire his beauty. Hoseok was sure that for him, no one could be more beautiful than this sleeping boy next to him and he sure as hell would like to wake up like this for the rest of his life.

His phone lit up yet again and Hoseok was able to grab over Hyungwon to get it. As fast as possible he lowered his screen's brightness that Hyungwon wouldn't be disturbed.

From Tinie-Kihyunnie - 2:13 am:
_____
your bed is empty and I'm worrying, please come home. Are you at Hyungwon's?

From Tinie-Kihyunnie - 2:15 am:
_____
please answer. I'm sorry

Hoseok smiled softly.

To Tinie-Kihyunnie - 2:16 am:
_____
I fell asleep at Hyungwon's. No need to be sorry. Everything's fine

"Why are you smiling like this?"

Hoseok got startled for a second, almost dropping his phone on his face. Hyungwon was looking up at him through drooping eyelids. His voice was deep with sleep.

"Kihyun wrote. He worries where I am", Hoseok whispered back.

"But you stay, won't you?", Hyungwon's voice got muffled from Hoseok's shirt as the boy buried his face in his shoulder again.

"Of cause", he mumbled, running his hand along Hyungwon's back. The younger sighed in bliss at the feeling, cuddling even closer to Hoseok.

He could feel his heart skip again and blushed.

Maybe he really was gay for Hyungwon.

______

Hoseok had to leave early for work. As gentle as possible he untangled himself from Hyungwon's long arms and legs, luckily not waking him.

At work his thoughts drifted off to the younger a lot. His feelings were a chaos.

Should he tell Hyungwon? Would he scare the boy away with them? Maybe Hoseok should ask Kihyun for advice?

A thousand questions clouded his mind and with his bad luck Hoseok messed up yet again.

The thing everyone was already expecting a long time ago followed. Seokjin, his boss, called him into his small office after his shift.

"Hoseok, look-", he took a deep breath and Hoseok already knew what was coming.

"- I promised Yoongi to at least let you try but this job just isn't for you."

Seokjin was a good person and Hoseok could see how bad he felt for firing him but when it came to the sake of his shop he was very strict. Hoseok knew that the mistakes he made weren't tolerable anymore.

As Hoseok left the shop, knowing that he didn't have to come here anymore, he smiled at first, but the pressure of finding a new job now overwhelmed him right after and his smile fell.

He stood in front of the café, his head hanging low. People were busy around him, passing him, not giving him any interest.

Hoseok felt empty. Empty and scared. What was he supposed to do now? If he couldn't pay his mother's hospital bills, they'd go to court and they'd order the machines to be switched off. He couldn't let that happen. Hoseok couldn't be the reason for his mothers death. He wouldn't ever forgive himself.

Without hesitation, his head full of dark thoughts, Hoseok dialed a number.

"Hey. I need your help."

______
Hey guys!
We're almost at 300 reads omg I never expected that!
It's my first story in english so I'm a bit nervous. I hope it's not too terrible!

One of my biases from another group will make an appearance in the next chapter ....

Hope you all enjoy the shitty things I write! 🌿