XVII

Minhyuk was the second one he noticed, the blonde waved frantically, pointing at the free seat beside him

"You may sit beside Minhyuk, Hoseok", Miss Choi said and nodded.

Hoseok felt disappointed, seeing that Hyungwon sat on a single desk.

"Hoseok what the hell are you doing here?", Minhyuk whisper yelled and slapped Hoseok's arm as he sat down.

"Kihyun's idea", he grinned back.

"Of course."

_______

As soon as the bell rang Hoseok tried to see Hyungwon but the boy practically ran out of the room.

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. This remembered him of the old days when Hyungwon was still shy around him.

"That's how he usually is in school", Minhyuk mumbled, seeing his disappointment.

His friends had grown closer to Hyungwon as well thanks to the boy visiting him often after his mother died. Hoseok had thought they talked and sat together at school too, but it didn't seem like it.

"C'mon let's get your schedule", Minhyuk dragged him through the hallways, a lot of eyes following them.

A few recognized Hoseok immediately. Now whispering and asking themselves why the boy was back at school so suddenly after he disappeared almost two years ago.

Hoseok didn't see Hyungwon for the rest of the morning.

_______

At lunch they sat together like old times.

Hyunwoo, Jooheon and Changkyun all greeted him with bear hugs and surprised looks. Everyone was happy that they were back in their usual group.

Hoseok searched the tables but couldn't find Hyungwon, he zoned out of the conversation around him more than once.

"Wonho-yah!", Jooheon called his name once again, slowly getting annoyed with the boy.

"What?!", Hoseok answered, slightly angry about Jooheon's lack of manners towards his hyung.

"Hyungwon isn't here. He never is", Changkyun said, stuffing his mouth with food in the progress.

Kihyun and Hoseok shared a look before the blonde stood up.

"I'm going to search for him."